Sunday, August 20, 2023

The Farm & Market

Busy week and the good news is that I didn't need to take a nap every day. Still low on the energy afternoon/evening, but I did have another visit with my naturopath and got some updates on meds to take. 

One of my YW randomly showed up to play VB with us on Monday, which was nice because we were a little short. I also started a new gym routine, meaning that I was very sore this whole week (although not as bad as last time for sure). 

Bye forever. 

Becky & Brandt are officially moving to WY and have had 64 of their own farewell parties with various groups, but I guess they needed another so we met up at Carol's for some delicious burgers and I even convinced Becky to come to the gym with me the next day. 

Me & Sage.

We had a whole debaucle over YW activities on Wednesday - mostly because there was a stake activity for half of them and the other half have dance all the time and so timing is challenging. But we did a smaller activity for any YW who could make it and wasn't able to go to the stake thing, and we had 1. But it was a fun time and she's new to the ward so it was nice to chat. 

I had a crazy work week with a new boss and some other transitions and a deceivingly busy schedule. For 3/5 days, I only had 3 patients, but it took me wayyyy longer to finish up my work on those days. Also I spent many hours on the phone trying to reach doctors. 

Chilling at the farm. 

On Friday, I somehow convinced Roger to spend some time in Prescott. We drove down for the Mortimer Farms farm to table dinner & dance event. It was good vibes. We danced and ate (although not sure portions were right for us) and had a good time chilling. Then we drove to a motel downtown to spend the night. 

The Africans skunked us on these
but they were dang good.

We were up early to go to the Farmer's Market. This thing is legendary. It has its own website and tons of vendors. We bought a bunch of produce including fresh basil and green chiles. We got a baguette and banana bread. We have more honey and 4 new jams. And we tried a Mexican breakfast burrito and some African's version of empanadas with to die for mint chutney. 

Looking for cowboy style paintings like these.

Then we walked around downtown, which was setting up for a big event. We explored an art studio with paintings we loved by Quick Anderson, who unfortunately doesn't sell prints of her oil paintings (so if anyone has like $4K to toss around LMK). And Roger got the best shake of his life. 

I agreed last minute to help out a team play in a basketball tournament. It was a bunch of random people - a few play with me on Monday mornings though. There were only 3 teams in the women's bracket and all of the other teams were 20 year olds. Meanwhile, I've got a few 40y olds and one who is late 50s I think. We didn't do too bad although the other teams had a killer zone defense and great 3-point shots. Still lost in the end and I walked to the car and spent the rest of the day making sure I could walk on Sunday. 

It wasn't a pretty walk, but it happened. We cooked a bit of our fresh produce and watched the Black Cauldron, so Rog could meet Gurgie. Which is probably where my love of ugly little things comes from. Next on the list: Hoodwinked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment