Thursday, September 14, 2023

bb squirrels

If I'm being real, time is flying by here. People aren't kidding when they say that wives have extra labor added on just by getting married. The house is clean and stayed clean. And there's just not enough time for me to do all the stuff I want to - and now have energy to actually do. 

I didn't get back in time (or with enough energy) to play volleyball on Monday night after the CO trip, but I did find time to watch the rest of the Jurassic Park franchise in the background of everything else. Work has been a little insane, but we're getting a new guy trained up so hopefully that will help. Also, did manage to fit in all my workouts AND go for a 6 mile run. 

I meal prepped Joy's green chili - this time with chicken - and that was my dinner all week. I didn't have to go to YW because it was a stake deal, so I worked on some projects and did a little shopping for stuff in our house that we've needed for a while.

One of my patients needed a walker to borrow, so I got to see Joe Carter for a few minutes, which is always a delight. I need to hang out with him more. 

The most exciting part of the week was probably finding a nest behind our futon as I was cleaning off the deck. At first, it looked like a bird's nest, but upon closer investigation, it had some pink, wriggling, mouse-like babies in there. So naturally, I called up mama sama and asked what I was supposed to do with it, and per her advice, bagged them up, threw them in the dumpster, and set some mouse traps. Only, I later went onto the deck to find mama squirrel looking around for her chillins. My bad, but honestly, I'm not sure it would've ended differently. 

squeaker squeak squeak squeaken

Otherwise, I made some laundry detergent, started leather carving, read a book, worked on my Etsy shop notes, took a load to Goodwill and put some boards in Rog's truck, went to an eye appt, and just vibed. Honestly, it's been a really nice mental break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment