Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Rog is Back (and clingy)

 VB is getting good and idk if it's because I'm getting more hops or just improving my timing. This week was a chill deload week where I really do no load and just cardio. I ran and did some sprints and slept in because I could. 

In celebration of talk like a pirate day. 

Roger got back on Tuesday and was so excited for me to get home and tell me all about his trip and we immediately went shopping at Ross and Walmart and DQ (obv) to get a few things we needed. 

For YW this week, we had the Primary Program practice and then made mocktails and chilled. We were gonna make bathbombs too but one of the leaders in charge forgot a crucial ingredient. Oh well. 

Roger living his best life and forgetting how to drive. 

Rog and I went on another date to check out Brown Bag Burger - subpar compared to Mama Burger and wayy over priced. Disappointing. Then we went to Sportsman's for fun and found some water shoes we were both wanting eventually, but at 50% off. We were going to get them, but a worker said they'd be 75% off the next day. So obviously we had to wait there until closing time (90min away). But then Rog got tired and so plan B was to hide them, which was going well until the clothing manager caught us and said that she'd hold them in the back for us AND with our membership, we'd get an additional 50% off per item tomorrow. So that's how I got $130 shoes for $15. 

Roger did some hunting and scouting in between plumbing and finishing up government time cards and such. He also came to my work for a midday "tailgate" party lunch and I went home after doing a few training visits because all the rest of my people cancelled. 

Saturday, Rog went out hunting while I was running (late because it rained all morning) and got ANOTHER flat tire. That's 5 in the last few months, including 2 new sets of tires. I'm getting tired of this and there is no pun intended. 

Little snakey from my run. 

We had our primary program with brunch on Sunday and I was sad my friend couldn't come watch with us because it's always fun. But Mike did steal all my homemade bread I brought to contribute to the potluck which turned into not a potluck because they forgot to announce it and then went and bought all the food themselves. Then I had a YW meeting which was a lot. 

After a brief respite/recovery, Rog and I went out to look for a felled elk. We did not find it, but I did test out my new camera harness and we saw a porcupine! 

There he is, in all his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment