Monday, October 2, 2023

GC 2k23 October Edition

Not a great week for me. Had strep. Still worked, but with mad PPE. Stressed out with some personal stuff that had me going crazy and not sleeping for several days. I went to the gym a couple times only to dissipate some of the rage. It didn't work and I couldn't walk, so not my best coping mechanism. I was really looking forward to general conference and thought maybe I could squeeze a Friday temple day in, but then I had a few surprise patients pop up on the schedule. 

When I said 'pig', I meant 'wild boar'. 

That said, I had a great start to GC. I made bread and snuggled in my blankets reading between sessions and went through a box of tissues and a spittoon. And the messages just eased my mind a bit about things going on, even though nothing was really fixed. 

The good news is that Roger had a great week. He left unexpectedly early on Tuesday to go pig hunting with some friends and his dad in Texas. The logistics and planning of the trip were not handled well, but that wasn't Roger's job. Anyhow, he had a blast and they brought home 6 piggies to split up between 4 of them (Rog and his dad both got 2, so proud). 

Roger's piggies. 

He was also home much earlier than expected. 1am Sunday morning. Which was good, because I was mad the trip overlapped with pajama church. We had a nice sleep in together and he made me some bacon and eggs and I made him some hot chocolate and toast and we enjoyed the messages together. 

Here's the summary if you missed it:

  • We are children of God - loved, equals, with a purpose, and we are His. See the people behind their titles and our prejudices. Invite, but don't chase after or lower your standards to meet others.  
  • We need each other to make it to exaltation - where you will live in a place, and with people, and in a body you are comfortable with and merit. 
  • Make covenants ASAP (not "when I'm perfect) and keep them (tithing, taking care of family, accepting callings, service). This makes things easier & brings peace. 
  • Seek revelation (to get it: temple often, have good friends, testify, be okay with unexpected answers and timeframes, respond quickly, live in accordance with prophets/God). Bad things happen to everyone - pray for comfort and peace. 

Honestly, for most of conference, I sit through and think I'm doing fairly well with a few minor adjustments to make and that was true of this until my boy Russ shared his thoughts. And when I tell you he had the fear of God in me saying that each kingdom comes with a different level of body. No way I'm settling for telestial knees, you know? Miss me with those terrestrial hormones, I am sick of it. What a motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment