Sunday, October 8, 2023

Aspens 2023

Back at it again with the workouts & VB on Monday. It was fun to have Logan come back and play with us for an evening, but we'll have trouble getting enough people in the next few weeks I think since the old ladies are playing city league Mondays. 

Yellow aspens. 

Tuesday we started our new tradition of weekly Come Follow Me studies in an effort to get these celestial knees. Still working on daily family scrips, but I got the personal stuff down, thanks to a soap box from Matt Seeley a while back. 

The YW presidency is still figuring stuff out for upcoming activities, and our scheduled event fell through, so we made some last minute choices. Mine was making applesauce and planning the next few activities out so this doesn't happen again on a week that I'm in charge. 

Past: daughter of cups (creative spirit)
Present: 8 of swords (surrounded by obstacles)
Future: 7 of wands (out of the obstacles)

I got a last minute invite from Kailan for a group she meets with monthly - where they have local vendors on some theme come and give spiels and little free gifts. This month was Hocus Pocus themed and she had an extra ticket. So I met up for some free herbs to put under my pillow and a little embroidered ghost pin and a bath bomb. I paid less attention to the actual purpose of the vendors, but it was fun to get free stuff and do some of their activities. 

I got a 5' chair massage. And I got my current spirit animal - a Fox, which apparently means I can tell when I'm being lied to (by my patients, every day, lol). I got a light tarot reading and some chamomile tea. And I got a raiki energy reading? Cleansing? I don't know. The lady said I was very grounded and needed to stretch my left hip. 

The aspens turning.

Rog & I went on a temple date after he went hunting Saturday morning. (He shot an elk earlier in the week, but not good enough apparently). We did 50 baptisms/confirmations since the other people scheduled at the same time as us were late. Then we got some snacks and were going to hunt but it was too rainy and windy. So we went to Sportsman's instead and bought some things we were needing. 

Our stake conf was in the afternoon, so we went on an early morning hike in the aspens (per tradition). It was really good timing honestly. And then Roger gave the prayer at stake conference for the 5th year in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment