Sunday, April 7, 2024

Easter Sunday

 After being released from YW, I have since been asked to still help with the fundraiser for camp (lol) which has also been planned the same day as the stake beehive activity I was planning that apparently everyone forgot about, so...

In other news, I've been gymming it up and playing some good VB. I even subbed for a co-ed team on Thursday - crushing the competition in city league. I've also been experimenting with my new high protein meal prep-style cookbook - cajun chicken mac n cheese and tomato bisque were both delicious (and have so much cheese in them, how could they not be??). 

Rog and I did our Come Follow Me study and I showed him my list for traditions we could start for Easter that bring us back to the Savior (with a clearer connection than eggs with chocolate or bunnies). Surprisingly, Roger is down to do every item on the list. I met with my study group later in the week, and they couldn't come up with any better ideas, so these are it:

  1. Kill a goat/lamb. Eat it. 
  2. Bread (it rises)
  3. Crunching deviled eggs
  4. Read the BOM resurrection story
  5. Jesus sing-along

It's March Madness, and frankly we're all more interested in the women's bracket than men's. They have some ballers. And it's less like pickup. Anyways, so that's how we spent a good chunk of Easter weekend - watching games at Roger's parents house. We also ate delicious food and I got to play around with my accordion. 

The new design
(although it looks a little blurry here)

We were a little squished in the car with Stu and a bed frame we were returning (since our bed is now the couch bed to give us a little more room). We also are able to do that since our mattress topper went to the camp trailer and someone gifted us a car top storage thing. It was a nice relaxing weekend until the rest of the family arrived and then it's always stressful with kids and rules and making things work together, but luckily I don't have to really deal with that. It was fun to see Becky again and revamp the design for camp shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment