Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Sandall Reunion

Volleyball & gym stuff are going well. Swimming a lot because it's hot. And even people coming up from Phoenix say that 90° here is worse than 115° down there - the sun is a lot closer and it just hits harder. And it's been mid-90's all week. 

The big news of the week was Roger's family reunion. This is the one we actually care about because it's more people our age and closer related. There was slingshot paintball and a new game I learned called Poison - which is like a mix of golf and pétanque but using bowling balls. Also great food and new family shirts and - of course - a family photoshoot that turned into a bigger thing than it needs to be. 

Homemade pesto from basil I grew + pasta.

Roger had fun staying out there for most of the week, but I was back and forth for work and the pool at my gym. I did get to enjoy some nature and sleep in our trailer tent (mad comfy) and write down Roger's list of more things we need for the ultimate camping experience (which grows every time we go). There was plenty of watermelon and Rog got me some cherry gingerale, which were the favorite carbonated drink of the weekend.

I finished two books I was reading and took a nice nap in Stu & Eve's trailer - which was kept at a cool 80° - which felt so good. And then I went home late Saturday night because I was starting to not feel great. Still not sure if it was heat-worsened allergies or something I picked up from a patient earlier, but Sunday was a suffer and a sleep for most of the day. Also, Grandma passed out and a couple of 4month olds swelled up from the heat - so I'm not joking about it being a rough time. And I like the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment