Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Soul Hungered

Last night, I was about to retire for the night when I felt the distinct impression to read my scriptures, particularly the book of Enos. Now, I had read this chapter about a week ago and had the thought that I needed to read it more thoroughly. Of course, being pressed for time with limited coherence in the early hours of the day, I ignored the thought. However, fool me twice and all that jazz, I wasn't about to ignore that feeling again. I opened up my new quad to  Enos and read. While I was reading, I couldn't help thinking about my mission.
The parentals. 
1. Often I reflect on the superior quality of my parents. They did a dang good job raising me as a well-rounded person, with a firm foundation in the gospel.
2-7. I have many flaws (not that I'll admit that in person, but it is true). However, I have a desire to perfect them and a belief in the Savior that will assist in healing me of my weakness.
8. I love in this verse when it says, "go to, thy faith hath made thee whole". The Lord says to Enos, Hey, I've helped you out and made you stronger now get out there and get back to work! There is so much more to be done!
9-10. One of the things I worry about, having some experience with missionary work is maintaining a conversion to the gospel in the people I baptize. I think too often investigators are baptized and left without the solid foundation they need to keep coming back to church. This is surely something I will be praying for.
11-14. This one is kind of a no-brainer for me. I will also be praying and pleading for people to accept the gospel.
15-18. I will learn to ask in faith and recognize blessings as they come. The first part is actually something I've been working on; the second part I'm usually pretty good at.
19. I will preach the gospel.
20-22. With the help of the members, I will try to convert the stiffnecked people of France. Now I'm not sure how far this parallel extends-hopefully the Frenchies aren't bloodthirsty barbarians like Enos describes the Lamanites. We'll see, I guess. I'll have to make sure to look back on this upon my return.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. You're going to be missed by those goodly parents

    ReplyDelete