Thursday, April 11, 2013

Skirts, and Dresses, and Tights, Oh My!

Hm. Reminds me of
Timeline.
And by "oh my," I really mean, "ooh la la". Well, after much ado from my mother, I have been on two epic shopping trips of my life. (And by epic, I mean that if I had a single day left to live, I would have spent it on these excursions, because it felt like they went on forever. And now I feel like Dunbar). Seriously, though. I have never been on shopping trips of such magnitude and extension in my life. By the end of it, I felt like I was deliriously stumbling through a never-ending wasteland when my feet keep moving but all mental functioning has ceased long ago. Luckily, I've been able to keep these field trips to a minimum, allowing sufficient recovery time in between. And trust me, I need it.
Kawai Shimai, Japan
Nagasaki, 4/3/13
And I've even been practicing wearing my clothes so that I can get used to the feel and make sure I like them before I leave. Sometimes my classmates will say things like, "Wow. I don't think I've ever seen you wear real clothes  before!" Well, kiddo, your mental faculties are still in tact, don't worry. But this is seriously a point of stress in my life right now. I mean, who just has mission-ready clothes in their closet? Mine's filled with t-shirts and shorts and socks. Ask me if I even brush my hair every morning. On second thought, don't. Good thing I have so many missionary friends to pester about what I need to buy and what shoes are the best and such. Nadine has been a big help. She showed me some decent shoes, which unfortunately didn't fit me so I couldn't test the waters. I kept telling her to walk a mile in them and let me know if they're still comfortable. She refused. It seemed reasonable to me; I don't know what the deal was. Anyhow, she's at the MTC now, so hopefully she'll let me know soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment