Monday, April 1, 2013

There's Hope Yet

Recently, I've come to the inevitable conclusion that I love family. But not just my family (although you guys are great). I love all family. I like meeting people's families, I like seeing the different ways they joke around, and I like pretending that all families are mine. And I'm pretty comfortable with doing so. 
This is about as good as a family picture gets. 
That being said, I'm not afraid to pick favorites. We can all be good friends, but it's hard to provide everyone with an equal portion of my time and attention. The criteria for a majority of my best friends is athleticism. That's just something I connect to and love. Especially basketball. So those of my siblings that play and enjoy that glorious sport receive an extra portion of my blessings. And that's just the way the cookie crumbles. That being said, here's an experience I had with my sister this week:
Have you ever seen anything so fine?

And it came to pass that I received the assignment of my mother to acquire a set of scriptures. And it came to pass that I, Naomi, said unto my mother, I will go and do the things which thou (and the Lord) hath commanded. And I, Naomi, took my journey with my backpack up to the BYU bookstore. Having obtained the records, I inquired of my nearly eight-year-old sister, Lavinia, her preference in cases. After revealing to her all the color choices available, she decided on a pink case. Really? A pink case? And it came to pass that I beheld the most glorious one of all, hanging above the floor and shining with all the brightness of the noon day sun. (Or, so it seemed.) I quickly described the case to Lavinia, who replied: "Get it. Get it now." I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment