Tuesday, April 15, 2014

On Est Tefeuse

French Facts: They definitely don't plan on having twenty missionaries with two huge suitcases a piece take the railway system. There is no luggage space, as Elder Johnson kept reminding me.

Last P day, we got to hang out at President's. It was fun. I like President. We ate lunch and talked about general conference. Then all the sportif men played basketball and everyone else that I could convince played volleyball with me. It was...well, I've played better games. But it didn't even look like the basketball game was too fun. The worst part was when Soeur Povar came out to bring everyone ice cream sandwiches (keep reading...) and decided she couldn't walk the last fifteen feet to the basketball court, so she made me deliver them. Soeur Povar was clueless to that level of humiliation. Haha. I'm over it though.

 I was designated to collect everyone and present a card that our ZLs made for President. Which was awkward for everyone because I didn't know what it was for and they just didn't want to do it. We all took a picture together and President said And then they all got transferred...We chuckled nervously. Then we finally were able to do our Villeurbanne exchange and Soeur Bentley was shipped off to Grenoble to do her Legalite. I told her not to come back until it's done. Good news is I had a bit of limbo time during which I got to eat cookies and watch conference talks. I chose Elder Oaks talk about the PH and then another guy Sunday night that sounded like a muppet. 

The exchange was over des que possible. As fast as possible, aka 24 hours later. Soeur Bentley was back, legality in hand, and we had spent the day contacting, having lessons, and partying like rock stars. We did have an awkward experience with a potential ami who "fancies" Soeur Crowley (from England). Yikes. We met with Frere Léporé and planned the new genealogy activity, which people are actually excited for, so that's really nice. Then we got a last minute call from Soeur LeRoux asking for help, so all day Thursday, we were over at her house out in Bourgoin Jailleu. I didn't realize the Elders were also there painting upstairs with Frere Vanlaquer. I had to go upstairs to drop off a paint bucket, and I saw them and kind of screamed a little I guess. Soeur LeRoux thought I was dying or something, but Soeur Bentley just started laughing. I was just not expecting to see them. We all ate and kept fixing up her house to sell. We did get back in time for Promise, who is doing so well. He's wonderful. 

Friday, we got transfer calls when we were at the Hares' for Soeur Bentley's butt shot. This transfer is full of interesting companions. That's the only word to describe it. Every companionship will be...interesting together. I'll be okay though. I'm moving to Talence, Bordeaux to be an STL with Soeur Hulmes. It's weird because I was not expecting to move for a long time and I'm actually leaving my little corner of France. I'm going all the way out west near the ocean where it's insufferably hot and sunny. Yay! Ca change! Bad news was that I just bought groceries and that I had to spend all of p day on a train. But Soeur Jones lives in the same ville as me again, so ca va. I packed. Taught Suin Jo. And went to a young adult activity with Promise. We watched a video on geneology by Elder Anderson with a really cheesy music video which you can download and may or may not be called I'm Gonna Find my Cousins. Yikes. 

Saturday we ate with Chanta and it was all Asian and I even used chop sticks. She made fun of me for my technique, but guess who picked up a single grain of rice the fastest without even cheating? Booyah! It was really awkward though because I can never think of anything to say. Soeur Bentley is good at talking, par contre, so maybe it was only awkward for me. We had a lesson with Soeur Yvars and Christian Albert. Then teased Soeur Yvars afterwards about her marrying him. HAHAHA. Missionary matchmaking. Then we, Soeur Musquet, Elders Du Pre and Johnson all met at Frere Girard's for some Guadaloupian food. It was delicious, comme d'hab. We also drank delicious guava drank and taught Frere Girard to say This juice is cash money. Haha. 

Then on Sunday we had a historic meeting where, for the first time in all of France, four wards were established in the same city. It worked out well because Suin Jo and her future husband are still in the same ward. Pas des soucis. Then everyone gave us free lunch and I ate dinner with my favorite people-the Meyer family and all the soeurs of Lyon. Then I took eight hours of trains to Bordeaux and it was the worst. But it's a party here! Woot woot! 
Here's the address: 
135 Jean Jaures
334400 Talence 
France

Dad doesn't sit on the stand. 







No comments:

Post a Comment