Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Faith to Move Mountains

Sr de Diveira, me, and the twins: Sr Koyle and Elder Hutchinson
French Fact: They really love each other. When you're friends, you're friends for life. The wards are splitting soon, so yesterday was our last day as the Gerland Ward. Everyone cried and there was practically a year book signing. #HAGS.

What a crazy week. Crazy. We had a wonderful exchange with Grenoble this week and I got to be back with Soeur Swenson! She is going hard in the paint, as per usual. We had a great exchange and saw some miracles. Also, Soeur Carter sent the Fellowship a challenge entitled, 'Finding Aragorn'. Points were distributed for contacting, getting numbers, and fixing rendez-vous. My contribution was an extra 300 points for every male contacted who was over six feet and looked like he could wield a broadsword. 

Elder Lund, Sr Bentley, Me, President
Chrisine Cholet is kind of stuck right now because her boyfriend doesn't want to be baptized and she is worried about offending him. Dumb. Sent the Elders to fix that. I mean, they've been to church for twenty years now, it's about time. That night we had all of our bunk beds filled with people staying over night before Zone Conference in Geneva. In the morning, I shepherded them all to the Gare and they made it on to the train in record time. This occurred roughly at 5am. What a flash to the past and a meeting of spiritual edification! I saw a majority of the people that I love. And I got to meet Elder Lund, President's BFF and partner in crime. He is wonderful. And has some great stories. I had my debut on the big screen- as our contacting video was brought to light. It was funny I guess. That night we got back and had to go on splits so we could teach two lessons at a time. We sent Soeur Vidal to our apartment with all the sisters, since she used to live there. By the time we got back, it smelled really bad in there and I was glad my room had been labelled off-limits and the door was closed. Yikes. By the way, shoutout to Papa Bentley is rescinded and designated to Mama Bentley. Thanks for the Jillian. You da best.
Sr Vidal is dying, ie: going home

We taught a man the Retab lesson this week and this is what he said at the end of it: "You are asking me to take a leap of faith. Tell a guy THAT between 3 and 4 in the afternoon! I hope you realize the gravity and importance of the message that you have. I hope you realize the power that you have. Sent me a coupla' angels! You have the faith to move mountains-literal mountains, yes-but more importantly, mountains of ignorance and unbelief." I think we all need a reminder of that. I have definitely been able to feel more so the power that I have as I have tenaciously extended commitments and followed up. And all of our amis are progressing right now. 

Miracle. Suin Jo came to church and is excited to repent. Also totally hit it off with Gael. Promise is getting baptized Saturday en fin. He loved church yesterday. Zhifan has had a lot of stress due to exams, but we've called him every day and he is still solid. Chantha same thing. Laurent is progressing wonderfully and loves the plan of salvation. Julie is going, slowly but surely. We found out that she definitely has a slight mental disability. Nico is reading his scriptures daily. Those are the main ones and they are all wonderful. 

Daylight Savings Time is the worst. I was already ridiculously tired from keeping the zoo at my house all week. But at least I remembered it, which is more than I can say for most of the ward. Church was so good yesterday. I love church a lot more on my mission. I definitely appreciate it a lot more. Also General Conference. Watch it this weekend. Love.
The force is strong with this one...





















No comments:

Post a Comment