Sunday, April 12, 2015

Man of the Week

Bread Selfie. Look at it tho. 
Obviously the highlight of my week was that I made some dang good French bread. PSYCH. (Although it was dang good). After many years of planning and preparation, I am an Intramural Champion. Team Naomi Hutchins brought it all together in the final battle for the gold. (And yes, that is our team name. That's what happens when no one can think of an alternative). We already played the team we beat in the first round and they were much improved. Was it, perhaps, due to their coach, who came dressed up in a suit holding a clip board? Maybe. Anyhow, we won and all our greatest fans were there to celebrate with us. And my French teacher got to see me wearing our championship t shirt. Check that off the bucket list.

Tryouts are already in progress for next year. In other news, I officially got in to the Athletic Training program at BYU and am just waiting to hear back about where I'll be interning in the fall. This year will mark the first time they will let 2 first years do football, but I haven't decided whether or not I want to be one of those.
I also had an interview for a Pfizer summer internship this week. At this point, I'm less concerned with the outcome and more concerned with them getting back to me quickly, seeing as how I will have to move in about ten days. (Across Provo or to CT-it makes a difference, ya know?)
During my soccer game this week, I was a real contributor. Mainly, I just run around to no avail
because I have the agility of a beached whale. I kicked the ball in numerous times and all to my teammates. Even stopped it from going out of bounds once. And only my left knee hurt when I went running this week. I also got to practice some more taping because our goalie broke his toe.
This week I also conquered four exams and four papers, finding myself surprisingly free this weekend. I also had the best physics class of my life this week. I enjoyed and understood everything. I attended the French Club's cheese night. It was divine. You could smell it for miles around. As soon as I got on campus, I was like Yep. There it is. Enjoy it while you can, Frenchies.
Took this AFTER they got to safety.
Lauren and I went on a Commemorative Walk by the Duck Pond. Much to our chagrin, there were no flowers to be seen, despite the warm weather, and the ducks were practically suicidal, charging across the street into oncoming traffic. Excuse me, Mr. Ducks?
Other than that, I did a LOT of filming and editing. The only problem is that everyone else is super excited about our sequel film as well, so when anyone new walks in the apartment, I have to show them the whole thing all over again. Which is only a hassle because it's ten minutes long and I have to watch it way more than anyone else while I'm editing it. But I still enjoy it. (What really gets old is that we're still playing the old film for anyone that walks in).
And here's what you get to look forward to in our upcoming film.
Me as Fred Jones, of Scooby Doo. You say
obsessed, I say to-mah-to. 
And this all brings me to my final point. In PH every week, the men vote on the Man of the Week. They are nominated for doing awesome, manly things. Andrea Mann, who is a girl, was once nominated for having the last name of man. If you ever get engaged, you're pretty much a sure shot to win the trophy for the week. It's also on my bucket list to win, so I've been campaigning. Some boys are trying to ruin my life and keep saying it's only for actual men, but I think it's more of a symbolic thing. TBC-

1 comment: