Sunday, April 5, 2015

Conference Time

Photo cred to Tanner Schenewark.
Beloved cousin, teammate, friend. 
The week was a blur. Not because it passed really fast, but because I was sick and I probably didn't wear my glasses ever. And half of my memories were encompassed by a feverish fog. FHE Flashback to my childhood- we played big base kickball. It was fun except people freaked out about the rules and my teammates forgot you can have multiple people on the base at once. We killed in water polo, but it was our hardest game yet. One more to go, so long as we win it. I skipped some of my classes this week in order to sleep it off. By Friday, I was feeling a little better, so I went on a 4.5 mile run. NBD. Last time I ran, my roommates mixed up which temple I ran by, so I had to show them that I could run all the way to the far one if I wanted. May or may not have been my best idea.
Then I helped our ward do an easter egg hunt and make Hawaiian haystacks. Sam Wright kindly brought me all the rest of the cream of chicken soup. And by that I mean at least four gallons. Lauren and I chilled and she slept over (good thing I bought the family pack of toothbrushes!). We watched Back to the Future, a classic. And we brought my mattress out into the living room, which turned out to be an excellent choice when conference rolled around the next day. In other news, I randomly just got a bloody nose and almost drowned in my own blood.



I woke up Saturday to a lovely breakfast made by my roommates: eggs, pancakes, strawberries, cream, donuts, and I made OJ, of course. Frothy, just how I like my alcoholic beverages. Chris said.

-Boyd K: All you need is a cookie and a kiss to get married.




Carolyn Carter + family +Toky (from Lyon) + homemade burgers +singing = Love.

-David A: Knowledge of the Savior enables us to hush our own fears.
-Wilfred Anderson: I can teach you to dance, but you must hear the music.
-Dale G: 'Twas I, but 'tis not I.



Sunday morning we used my mattress again for our pajama church.

-Wixom: Don't condemn people for the light they may or may not have, but nourish what they do have.
-Nielson: Watch, wait, love, be patient.
-Jeffrey R: We celebrate the gift of victory.
-Uchtdorf: Don't be Simon, confident and impatient with others.


We booked it up to SLC for a live session with Lauren, Jeff, and Canute (a bizarro version of myself).

-Pearson: I made these covenants as a 19 year old boy and I've built my life around them. I intend to keep them now.
-Neil L: We marvel as we watch Him open doors we cannot open and perform miracles we can scarcely imagine.

Look. We're best friends. We're together. And we're righteous.

I never did see Bryce the bald, morbidly obese midget, but we still had a good time.




Then my roommates and I (plus a few extras) enjoyed Easter dinner, an egg hunt, egg dying, and cake. Although they tried really hard to postpone the cake. I kept chanting, CAKE CAKE CAKE CAKE, until they finally acquiesced to my request. Sage was also grateful. Bishop Turley came and hung out too.
And I emceed this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment