Thursday, April 23, 2015

Let the Wookie Win

Sunday was crazy. It was our last day of church and it was a little too much like the last day of seventh grade for my liking. But hey. We had a birthday party for everyone this week (because it literally was everyone's birthdays). I couldn't stay too long, because Derek and I had to get over to Hunter's place for some delicious burgers and great company. Even if Tanner still refuses to give me his pull-up bar. Then I had to rush home for a ward prayer of epic proportions. Our singing was accompanied by viola. Our prayer was by our very own Bishop Turley. We set up projectors and speakers. We watched the ward video, which was a hit. My co-captain provided a special musical number. After which many nice notes were written and shared.
The Birthday Party.



Conversation in response to
 the photo on the left. 




Finals finished this week. I tackled StDev 170, French, and Physics. Physics was the worst not only because it's my least favorite but also because they made me take it on a basketball court with no snacks. I did some visiting teaching. I did some teaching of finance. I worked, earning $6 worth of food, plus a shake from Jamba Juice, plus waffle from my adorably Asian boss, Ronnie. He's funny. Our bishopric finished their "Feed the Starving Students" campaign by feeding us dinner Monday and Tuesday. Other than birthdays and exams, I packed. I set my life in order. I did laundry. I played basketball. I made new friends and reconnected with old. I watched Star Wars on a projector in my house. Twice. And I prepared in general for the road trip of a life time. This is a short news update, but there it is. My life. Up next in The Book of Naomi: All the juicy road trip details. Prepare yourselves. And enjoy the following:
This is how I contacted in France. My companion sent this to me as soon as she saw it.

This is just funny.
This face reminds me of Kev.

No comments:

Post a Comment