Sunday, November 22, 2015

Shut Up and Dance With Me

By the time I get to the end of the week, I don't really remember the beginning anymore. Sorry. Not even mad, because nothing crazy happens on Mondays. Let me tell you about my French test on Wednesday though. First off, my teacher was gone for a week and so skipped a whole chapter and we were supposed to go to her review session that was convenient for everyone but me. My goal was to still do better on the test than everyone else. So I actually studied for about an hour before taking it. I'll keep you posted.
Thursday as I was running outside in the surprisingly warm weather, coat in hand, to crank out some visiting teaching, a car of females drove slowly by, pointing a megaphone out the window, and yelling, "Put your coat on, it's cold outside!" Jokes on them; I'm Naomi Hutchins and I do what I want.
Grateful for crazy friends who do weird things for me.
Mals, Clayn, Rob, and I went to the BYU basketball game which was beautiful. We played impressively better than previous games and I was just dying. The difference was in the aggressive drives to the basket, rather than shooting 3s and running away. My favorite play: Collinsworth inbounded the ball of the defense's butt, caught it, and scored a layup. So cheeky. Literally.
Then Mals and I hit up a party on campus that was nearing its end. We managed to get in free, stuff ourselves with really good pizza and Italian soda, and score free water bottles. Funny story: when we walked in, two boys asked if we wanted to dance and immediately Mals said NO and kept walking. Then she turned back to me and said, Maybe that's my problem. Yeah, maybe. Although I had little interest in learning a foreign dance that night either.
Saturday Cam and I went to the temple. Then I worked on part 3 of my 25 part squid painting series that I'm giving Derek for Christmas. (Since he's been asking for one since the original). Then I went to Brick Oven with Rachel May for some delicious breadsticks and pizza. Then I helped her make Thanksgiving place tags, since I am secretly crafty. Then I did food shopping, which was much needed. Then Lauren and Chels joined us for a night of revelry.
And tonight is the official viewing of the pilot of my Emergency Preparedness video series. Here's the teaser trailer again, for those interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment