Sunday, November 15, 2015

We Hit Turbulence!

Remember how I work 20+ hours with the Track team every week? Well next semester, I'll be doing the same thing, but at Provo High. Aaron, the assigner of clinicals, is one of my teachers and just a fun guy. I went in to see how close he was to being done and we had a good chat about what I'll be doing for the next couple of semesters. I love my teachers here. (There was a rather amusing mishap where another student switched my assignment on Aaron's list, but it was all sorted it out afterwards.)

In other news, I'm still sick. My sinuses were going crazy for a few days and now my voice just sounds like a man's for the first few hours of the day and I cough like I have bronchitis. Also I get random nose bleeds, but that's just winter.

In light of my current state of illness, I skipped my 8am weights class this week. And on Thursday, my 9am class was optional and my 10am class was reviewing for a Chem test I had already taken, so I only had a 25 minute French lab to attend. Not even mad.

Significant progress was made on the first installment of the Emergency Preparedness videos. A special viewing will happen at ward prayer next week, if all goes well. Look forward to more on that.
Friday was delightful. I spent a few hours with my best friend, Lauren Bellon, just chilling. Then I went to the temple by myself, which was really lovely. Then I hitched a ride with Emarie and Christian to the BYU basketball game. I met up with Derek and my bitter enemy David Monson, who we rapidly ditched in favor of non-student seating (where they stand up the whole game). At half time, Christian got me some free snacks via his floor seats, and I got to see the Roneys. Then the cheerleaders came up to the section that  Shiboi and I were sitting in and I caught a free t shirt (after staring into one of their souls). Then, because we scored over 80 points, we got free dessert pizza from Malawis (which was dang good).
It was Emarie's first basketball game ever and the biggest thing she noticed was how much everyone slaps each others' butts. Which is second nature for me. We talked about basketball and Em even said to me, "You're so happy right now!" Sometimes I forget how much I love this game.

Saturday I bought some paints and canvases so I can continue working on my 25 part squid series. Derek and I watched Star Wars together (Empire Strikes Back) and then we watched the BYU football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment