Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Instigator

In light of a recent holiday, I express gratitude for family. That holiday, as you well know, is Xander's birthday. Fourteen years ago, this little bugger came into the world and ruined a perfectly good Thanksgiving dinner. I'm excited to see more of this:
In other news, I went to a grand total of 50 minutes of school this week. I did have clinicals on Monday, but after that, I was home free. I watched Hannah's game with King Chuck, although since she's injured, she just sat on the bench making faces at us. The whole gang of us older kids (although Greg and Hannah were both excluded at various times) went to Cafe Rio for lunch, a Provo classic. Then Hannah went to hang out with her friend that's a boy, Greg went to work, and I drove Derek to the airport.
Only student at the
women's game.
Look, I cooked a thing!
#domestic
While I was in the area, I figured I'd stop by chez les Schreibers to see my mission daughter who returned Tuesday. I love the Schreibers. They laugh at all my jokes and are super awkward, wonderful people.

Hannah and I went to the basketball game Wednesday night, which was ok. Everyone was gone for Thanksgiving, so we snatched up some real nice seats. We then went over to Rachel May's house for pie night. And, boy, did we eat pie. Each of us had six slivers, testing all the different varieties and homemade whipped cream that went with it.
Choose your seat mates carefully...
Thursday, Greg, Hannah, and I hung out with Ben, Joy, and the fam. We listened to Hayley's stories about a goat. ("Hey, this goat is a survivor!" -Hayley). Greg helped Joy peel eggs and watch Rocky. I brushed Hayley's hair and practiced her piano. I even tried to brush her hair. (Emphasis on tried. EMPHASIS!) We went chez les Tenney's for a Thanksgiving feast. I may or may not have instigated some drink-stealing and nut-throwing that got me put on permanent clean-up crew. Which was much needed after the game of Crud that was played. We ate some more pie (not even mad). And I left to take Hannah to Logan.
 I stayed up in Logan for the night, watching Dead Poet's Society, which was great except for the end.  After I dropped Hannah off, the rearview mirror just fell right off the car. I was real worried about it until I figured out how to put it back on. I drove back to Logan, did some HW, and chilled with Mals watching The Golden Compass and eating biscuits. The movie was almost as terrible as the books.
Emarie, the sweetheart, put this love note in a pipette and sealed it closed.
I love the concept, although I almost cut myself on the glass breaking it open.
 Saturday I chilled. I worked out. I cleaned the apartment. I bought food. I did laundry. I wrote a French paper. I watched the Goonies. I even showered. And I went to the basketball game.
Today, church was awesome. The talks were on the Atonement. Someone came up to me after church and said I was dang funny (which I know is true, but who doesn't love a good ego stroke?) I convinced Bishop to let me keep my calling (they have this odd tradition of releasing everyone every semester...) And I ate pumpkin pie courtesy of the bishopric.

And finally, here's a shoutout to my friend and roommate, Lyndsie. We watched a good movie this week and she started reading my blog in creepish proportions. Cheers to all our future moments of discomfort, unease, and awkwardness, my friend. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment