Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Cure for Aneurysms: A Stroke of Genius

Attention all New Englanders! Due to a large distance, lack of sufficient funds, and impending examinations, I am unable to rescue my guy, Ken Hutchins, from the terribly meager rations provided by his hospital staff. My plea goes out to all in the Boston region: bring the man some good food! And ASAP. It's really vital.

Last Sunday, I convinced my roommate Lyndsie to attend ward prayer with yours truly. Turns out it was a really good idea. The lounge was locked, so we were forced to pray in the unheated laundry room, which forced us to seek any sources of heat. And by that I mean dryers, not attractive men. BUT Lyndsie's ability to fit into the dryer did earn her a date with one, so pretty much the same thing.
I gave a report to my French class about their surgical options if they ever tear their ACLs. I also turned in my paper on the same subject which I had a lot of fun writing. Especially because I got to ask my old friend, Darryl Lee to help me out with some vocab.

My Therapeutic Modalities teacher wrote a few paragraphs on his bromance with Ernst Dehne, the so-called father of modern orthopedic rehabilitation. While reading this part of our text, I thought it would be funny to write a poem entitled Ode to Ernst Dehne. It has been written and will soon be set to music as a rap.

I went to Chick-Fil-A for a peppermint chocolate chip shake with my friends John and Sarah and their other friend that John had to repay for several services. It was delicious and a good time because we were all just teasing John the whole time.

I took a Chemistry test this week. That's all you want to know on that.

Cam and I went to the temple. I love the temple. I feel like the joy I experience in the temple is more of an increased exuberance than the usual increased spirituality and reverence that most people feel. I just get so happy. I hope people don't feel obligated to whisper in the celestial kingdom.
My mission reunified to sing our mission song, Les Anges dans dos Compagnes, or Angels We Have Heard on High, at a recording studio. What a glorious time that was. MP3 files will soon be available. And we were on the 10 o'clock news on KSL.
I awoke bright and early for a conference of athletic training on Saturday, and was less than pleased about it. But I did learn some good things about SI injuries, how to prepare for a Tour de Utah emergency, and get two free Zupas meals. (And I left early because the last speaker was my professor who practiced his presentation during class.)
One time I thought this was Lauren's favorite Teddy quote. It wasn't.
Then I tricked Lauren and Derek into hanging out with me all afternoon. We saw Scorch Trials at the dollar theater. Then we played Rack-o, finished our movie treats and my second Zupas meal, and talked about our love lives. 

At church, my roommate India was leaning up against the wall waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom and so I went and leaned up against the wall right behind her. Then people started flocking to us. They all conglomerated, just like a blood clot. It was the greatest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment