Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sickly Sweet

Shoutout to Elder Orton! Joining the ranks in Anchorage, Alaska. Sorry I couldn't hug you before you  got to the MTC, but know that I love you and am rooting for you! Missions are the best.

French class demands my attendance at three cultural activities. In light (or shadow, rather,) of the upcoming holiday, the French Club held an activity detailing the life of Queen Catherine the Murderess. I thought it was a play and less than an hour and an easy way to complete part of that requirement. Which was great, since I've been on the verge of illness all this week. However, it was not a play, but a haunted walk that definitely lasted longer than two hours. Good news is: there was food, I did fulfill the requirement, and while hanging out with an Elder from my mission, I met Neyphi from Toulouse and we became the best of friends.
Since I'm the coolest ATS (as a goodly number of track athletes and coaches will attest), I was specifically requested at the pole vaulting practice Thursday, when all the athletes dressed up. I spent the practice sending memes back and forth with the other AT's of all the vaulters. It was great fun.

I made Cam go with me to the temple again this week. We did initiatories and it was just what I needed. Then I made him tell me about his life and who he loves.

Four of the female ATS's on the track team decided we needed to hang out in real life and give each other massages, bake cinnamon rolls, and watch a movie. We finally planned a night to do it and 2 ditched last minute. Which I was ok with because it was just me and my favorite, Lauren G. And also Matt invited himself, so that was kind of weird. We ate cinnamon rolls and watched Kuzco. Then Lauren and I went to the men's basketball game. I love basketball. I was frustrated at points with our players, but we did play a lot of the younger players for a majority.

Derek and I filmed part of my self-defense movie (the part that doesn't actually give any real self-defense tips). Sometime you can watch that if you're not wearing a name tag. More filming on this project to come.

I went to the ward Halloween party and ate almost a whole pizza. It was pretty fun and I scored lots of candy, but was just exhausted the whole time. I could have easily gone to bed at 6. But I didn't. I went to a dance party and hung out with Lauren and Kate and Chels and was super snappy. Good thing they love me.

Ok. Time to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment