Sunday, May 8, 2016

Interim

Week one at the homefront and changes are already afoot. After an early morning arrival, Kev and I were soon on our way to the YSA Ward. Everyone else was more excited than I. We ended up staying longer because the President had organized a soup kitchen volunteer trip.

Monday I started working on the Goliath task that is our basement playroom. Which has not seen human hands in literal years. Over the course of two days, I spent over eight hours in that room with only marginal progress (mostly since I have limited trashing privileges) and the spider population (alive and DEAD) is facing extinction. Goodwill, the school clothes drive, and the mall book drive are eagerly awaiting my next trip.
With Moriah as my travel buddy, who doesn't
want to go to Goodwill? Again?
Unfortunately, respiration of dust and dead spiders (and dead people, Mom says) is not healthy for a human. My sinuses were clogged, my eyes slowly closing on themselves, and my brain was very fuzzy. Just how I like to spend my week off. As an invalid. It was a perfect situation for finishing off two thousand page books.

I'm the Uno King.
I spent some time at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned, at the doctor getting respirator fitted, and at the optometrist speaking French with my Haitian friend Emile while Mom was verifying that the cataracts haven't completely taken over her vision yet. (Soon....)

Wednesday was Star Wars day. (May the fourth be with you :). So I, needing to show off the cool things I learned in college, rearranged our family room, borrowed a projector from the church, and bought a new HDMI cord. Movie night for dayyysss (including the newest Star Wars, Space Jam, and Concussion).
That stadium seating is clutch though.
I also started my other summer project: digitalizing many a photo. Which leaves me plenty of time in between scans to mess around on the internet. And combine peoples' faces to see what kind of babies they would make together.

Mom/Mom and Dad/Dad
Derek/Shannon


Mom/Dad
Saturday Moriah and I chauffeured Xander to his soccer games all morning. At night, Kevin and I went to game night with a bunch of juniors and seniors in HS. A couple ride seekers showed up at chez les Hutchins just in time for family scriptures and were quoting Number 33 for the rest of the night. What an impact.

Mother's Day was celebrated with all the gumption it merits. All were happy except Dad, because nobody would pay attention to him or give him chocolate. (I somehow landed all the extras, on the other hand. And I DID share with him.) We ukulele'd impromptu songs to Lavinia's basketball game. We feasted on Salisbury steak and potatoes. And Kevin and I left Mom a surprise never to be forgotten. (Though maybe for the wrong reasons....)
Beautiful bouquet, picture of Lavinia in a frame
Kev and I decorated, a bag of faux-poop...
We sure love our mom.
 She wonders where we get these ideas, but let me tell you a story. Today, Moriah starts drawing a picture of our whole family. She gets to me and Mom says, Who's that? Moriah says, Nomi. Mom says, You should draw her pooping. We are kindreds.
Naomi pooping, by Moriah.

No comments:

Post a Comment