Monday, September 12, 2016

Just Like A Waving Flag

Hannah turned 20 this week. Which is crazy to think about as I continue working on "Guilt" and remember all the terrible things she's done. Like moon the family. Or spend $200 on school erasers. It was a fun day (after I got out of football). We had a party at Granny B's house with Amy's family. There was taco bell and cornbread and a reallllyyyy tasty bev. Granny B is good at those fruit punch kind of drinks and they're always delicious. We did inappropriate mad libs and saved Horny the PiƱata for another day.

Thug Life with the bros.

One time, my french book hadn't arrived yet. I tried every method I could think of to be able to do my HW - tried to take pics in the bookstore (it was saran wrapped), get a free preview online (no good), emailed my classmates, texted friends who have taken the class, and even emailed my teacher. No response. So I showed up on Tuesday, immediately borrowed this kid's book to start taking pictures of the pages. Five minutes later, my teacher is like, Oh, I guess I'll send those to you. Huh, thanks.

Here's Horny. Cute lil guy.

Wednesday and Monday are my HW days. I spent like six hours doing HW on Wednesday, but part of that was to play catch up with my intensive French HW. ACon, my roomie, treated me to Oreos later as a peace offering (because she ate all of mine a few weeks ago) and we talked about how the stress of the MCAT coming up was clouding her decision making processes. Also, try looking up your name and 'meme' on Google. From what I've seen, the first results are pretty funny.


Sometimes I like to play the game 'what free swag did BYU give me today?' But then I remember that I work a ridiculous amount of hours for free and it really doesn't even out. But I got some sweet game day shoes, a new sweater, and a hat. Also the Nike order was this week - where we can get a selection of products for much cheaper. I got some stuff, but was disappointed because they ran out of most products by day 2.

Friday, Steve gathered us all into his office for a pow wow and asked if we were excited for the game.  I responded, fairly enthusiastically, and Steve said, Yeah, you excited to watch it on TV? I don't normally travel with the team, but the game was so close that everyone was going. I just had to ask Brett and make sure there was room in the van - which Kieff and Zac (players) did for me, once they found out. Thanks, guys.

In the afternoon, my roomie Kendall needed some help making centerpieces for a wedding her aunt was doing. Hannah, Kendall, and I met a delightful woman named Christie Anne who helped us figure out the keys to floral arrangement. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. We had fun and then some black guys showed up to unload a truck and Hannah turned into ghetto Hannah.

I made this.

Also this. And two more. Equally as good.

Dressed in our travel sweats, we ate first at Blackbear, and then headed to SLC to set up the field. Then we waited for a while. The Ute trainers bought us pizza for lunch. Then we waited. Eventually we changed into our game day attire (which was superrrrr flattering).

Thanks for the pic, angry Utes fan!

My job during games is to try to stay near Brett, in case he needs me to run and grab something, and carry two water bottles around to help hydrate whoever I want. Some of the other trainers have to stay with certain groups, but I have a little more freedom.

If you didn't screenshot it, it
didn't happen.

It was a fun game. The fans were just terrible. The refs made some questionable calls. And we lost by 1, which was disappointing. But, a fun game nonetheless. And now I am super tired. The end.

Half time pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment