Sunday, October 23, 2016

All the Feels via Similes and No Images

Taco Bell gives you diarrhea for a week, but it's worth it: I took the GRE last week. I passed.

That one time you actually have fun doing a school assignment and then get a really bad grade: I spent all day Monday shadowing an orthopedic doctor, which was wayyy fun. But also while chatting about various tests for a shoulder evaluation, we discovered that I have a torn labrum from last week's ward basketball when it subluxed.

Watching someone trip and not knowing if you should help or just pretend for their sake that it didn't happen: I actually went to FHE because it was in our house. We played Mafia, which is always fun, but some of our sisters are so flirty with the guys that it's just kind of sad to watch.

Colonel Mustard in the Lounge with the Revolver: There was a series of miscommunications and poorly handled conversations that I took the brunt of. I've since handled it, but I was rather upset at the time. It's a really good thing that I learned to refrain from my annoyingly logical comments when someone else is raging.

John Ramsey's standup about Unicorns: There were no clinicals and most of my classes were cancelled randomly, so I totally forgot about my one morning class until later...

Getting into bed with cold sheets and freshly shaved legs: I templed on Thursday and saw my favorite Satan. It was a cleansing experience, as usual, and I got to catch up with my friend Cam.

I shot the sheriff, but not the deputy news: I watched the game while eating some homemade banana bread. Fred had a KILLER run, but we eventually lost by one point.

The initial drop of a roller coaster: My friend invited me to his poetry/music night and then asked me to perform in it. So I agreed, reading the classic "Manny the Plumber" from sixth grade along with a first attempt at slam poetry that I wrote last week entitled, "Halloween: A Political Narrative". Both were instant successes.

Christmas Break in HS, when you still have HW you should be doing: Lauren slept over. We made a Wendy's run and saw Hannah. We ate chicken tacos. We said ridiculous things.

Your friend starts dating this guy who's old, bald, and weird, but very nice: PJ owed me $5 for betting that we'd pole dance at Lyndsie's bachelorette party. This week, he paid up. And also painted his hair tan. We were all confused on that one.

When your teacher pushes the due date back a week: Greg helped drive us to the store and sell some of our old clothes. Our room is much cleaner.

Season Finale of Season 1 of Doctor Who: The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment