Sunday, October 9, 2016

Come At Me, Bro

Happy removal day to one son of a nugget. We had the biggest celebration since his kindergarten birthday party - balloons, cake-shoving, and all. Plus we all got to watch conference together and steal Derek's old stuff. It was a good day.



Our ward reserves a court to play basketball every Monday. This week, we started off by playing the winning team of the ward before us with the first five that showed up, including two kids I'd never played with before. I hate them. They never passed me the ball, no matter how open I was, so I got pretty heated....Then I played against them and crushed heads. Hard.



Later, Hannah and I were talking about how sometimes people set screens on us and we just lower our shoulders and plow through them like they don't exist. Which is fun, just not necessarily basketball. Then we realized we learned to play from the Chin, who played football in college. Go figure.

My team lost our intramural game by 2, after one of our teammates subluxed her patella and tore her ACL and both menisci. Yikes.



I always joke with the teacher of my Wednesday night class that it's either canceled or that he's bringing snacks. He said, if you start the snacks, we can do it. So I brought a couple dozen donuts (half-off, thanks to Pocket Points) and the fun began.

Thursday was Milktoberfest, where the library gives out free chocolate milk at select times. But apparently it's only a total of 200 milks, which is ridiculous in a school of 40K. I was 10 short of my chocolate milk, but I did get a cookie and to hang out with my friend Weston.

Also found this bug in my room.
This is the week when all my classes are freaking out. Luckily, the football game was away, so it gave me some free time. But still, the end of the week was crazy, trying to get ahead so I actually have time for stuff. Thursday, I took an online French test that took the entire allotted 2 hours (because my essay was so good). Then ran to a review for Orthopedic Impairments. Friday I spent all morning writing the first half of my French paper, getting it edited, and going to another useless guidance appointment. Then I kept writing and studying for various tests and taking online quizzes until 6, when I met up with Greg for Divine Comedy's "Hill-or-Trump" parody of Hamilton.

In his natural habitat.
We played an hour of Uno with a strange girl, a mission friend, and some crazy kids that kept calling Greg a macaroni brain while we were in line. The show was okay. Highlights: A tribute to Harambe. The fat guy and anything he did. Quote: You're like a frog. That's a compliment! They have very powerful legs and large eyes! And, obviously the finale is why I went. And the fat guy played Trump and was excellent and the black guy did a great Obama impression.

Dream Tree House. Found while running.
Saturday I woke up early so I could run 9 miles, which was surprisingly fun, although my knees were hurty. Then we had a birthday celebration at Tucanos with some flavorless waiters. Tom was the best one and after we told him that, we got some excellent service. I finished my French paper during the football game that we won. I studied for Ortho and took a test and tried to stay motivated. I cleaned my room and did laundry.

HBD, DJ Saggy Booty!

No comments:

Post a Comment