Sunday, October 30, 2016

Right to Bear Arms

Last Sunday I had to stay up late to sign up for my classes, despite not knowing what my clinicals would be next semester. I got Aaron to tell me Sunday and I'm staying at football! I'm really okay with it because I love the guys and the PT aspect and everything, but that did mean I had to change most of my classes so that I could have my mornings free. Then I took a physics test, so kind of a rough day.

Tuesday night I had my last season basketball game and I was ready to take some kids out. There was one guy, who was pretty good, but was treating it like game 7. Also like he'd never played co-ed basketball before. And some girl kept driving past her defenders, so I'd step up to stop her layup and she should purposely would drive her knee into my thigh.

Then Westes was eating waffles, so he wanted to keep postponing our poetry night later and later, so I ended up only attending for a few minutes before it was my bed time. I was already tired and cranky.
After class on Wednesday, Hannah and I went to a medieval torture lecture in French costume. She was already dolled up like a skeleton, so she painted me up fast to be the Joker and we had some French flair to our costumes. Our favorite method was called the saw - where they hang you upside down and saw you in half between the legs until you're dead.

Oui, oui, mon ami, je m'appelle...Hannah.
Thursday was pretty relaxed in the training room, so Steve had me do a restricted blood flow workout. Basically, I put these bands on my arms and blew them up to cut off my circulation just a little bit. Then you've got 20min to do low-weight weight lifting. So I did 3x30 biceps with 8lbs, 3x30 triceps pulldowns with 40lbs, 3x10 pushups, and 1x30s abs. My left arm was dead after the first biceps set, so I had to rely a lot on my right arm to get me through. I thought it was just weaker, but turns out it was blown up too much. I had a lot of burst capillaries and couldn't really move my arm until today.

I did go to Institute with Hannah, where we had a really good lesson on leadership and the importance of focusing on only one thing at a time. Which tied into a visiting teaching lesson that I gave on Saturday.

Friday night I helped set up a Just Dance on projector for the ward Halloween Party. Then I left for a sec to grab an extension cord and some chick moved it into a really cramped side room in the back and I was a titch upset, but didn't want to make a scene. Whatever. Then, as Kuzco, I deejayed the dance party, while eating endless donuts and chili.

I woke up at 5:40 Saturday to tape Cam's ankle before is half marathon and Hannah was still awake after getting in late from work. Crazy. Good thing we got to sleep in. We got to go out later with the boys to see Magnificent Seven - great movie. Obviously we assigned each member of our family a character in the show. I'm the Mexican, Derek's the sharpshooter, Hannah's the fat guy, and Greg claims to be the head guy, but none of us really agree with that. He'd probably be the preacher or something.

New Goal: GORK Derek as much as possible.

And today we woke up early to take family pictures, since our family excluded us. More on that when the results come in. But get excited. Natalie is a great photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment