Sunday, November 13, 2016

Hannah Keeps Eating My Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Also, the Election.

My ward basketball on Monday was changed to volleyball this week, which I didn't play. My knee's still bugging me, but I talked to my boss this week and he gave me some good non-operative rehab advice and some extra vitamin pills to enhance healing. Maybe it's meniscal, maybe it's articular cartilage, maybe it's osteochondritis dessicans... Either way, Brett told me I need to get hitched before my body literally crumbles into dust.



Also it was Weeny K's birthday. HBD, lady.

Don't be fooled.
She
is actually a witch.

Tuesday I was the unwilling participant of an election-watching party. I just really wanted to go to bed. But then LyssB100 brought home several Pizza Pie Cafe pizzas. Anyhow, here are some funny (not meant to offend) memes about the election without any political commentary. Hope you voted.


Wednesday, my class was cancelled so I worked on HW. And exercised at night, which was refreshing. We're reading Voltaire's Candide in the original French and it's very reminiscent of Catch-22. Also, hilarious. My favorite part so far is when a this lady is kidnapped and sold as a concubine, then cannibals want to eat her, but a very nice religious leader convinced them to only eat one buttcheek and if they were still hungry to go for the other one. The whole book is a terribly vivid satire on war and religion and the treatment of women, but it's presented in such a ridiculous way that it doesn't sting as badly.


Greg helped me get a new iPhone and recommit to a 2-year plan. So yay now all my iPhone friends can have named groups and see their messages in blue. I hung out with Hannah and her date for a bit. Also went to In-N-Out with the brothel.



Friday - Veteran's Day. I was in the training room from 7-2. My hours are very unclear sometimes, so I forget that I should probably leave at some point. All the other kids started doing 2-hour shifts on Fridays. I just work when I feel like it, and I do really enjoy it, so it's hard to leave.



Then Mallory and I had a movie night. We ate popcorn and fudge and talked about weird things that have happened later. Like an offered bite to the buttocks, which was hastily turned down. People are weird.



Saturday I spent all day at the SUU game. We had Waffle Love for breakfast and wings for dinner. I was assigned as a courtesy trainer to help out the SUU team, so I was on the wrong sideline the whole time. It also started off really awkward due to some miscommunications that had nothing to do with me. But their head trainer, Rick, is a delightful fellow. Also, the team was a huge fan of our Powerade mixing skills. We were told several times.



My feet hurt really bad after, but I still made myself go to Alexis Carre's surprise birthday party later. I saw a bunch of old mission friends - Mallory, Bryson, Alexis, Stephen, Derek Sanchez. I met some new guys - Andre (the DDR champ), Jesse (the reasonable roommate), and a small Belgian man. It was pretty fun and we ate/stole lots of pizza. You're welcome, Bryson.


Mallory: The sturdiest koala tree.
Bryson: The clingiest koala.

No comments:

Post a Comment