Sunday, November 27, 2016

Break Me Off a Piece #Bless

Honestly, this break wasn't much of a break for me, since I spent more time than usual in the training room. No class, but still homework. I did an annotated bibliography, a take-home test, and read an entire book in French to name just a few assignments. Also, enjoy some savage Thanksgiving Clapbacks.


Hannah and I went to her HT's house to watch a BYU game at their tournament in Vegas. He even fed us ice cream and I got my GRE prep book back. And we won. Unlike our game vs. UVU yesterday, but that's another story.



Our ward started switching off basketball and volleyball on Mondays. Joel convinced us to go and it was way fun. We claimed Westes on our team from the get-go, then picked three other moderately athletic tall people. We killed it. Which you could tell by our post-point screaming rituals.


The training room was pretty boring since most of the really injured guys just went home for the week. But I did get to help out Chandon's mom.


The equipment managers challenged us to a Turkey Bowl. All the players were telling us that they didn't think we'd win because those guys are out playing all the time, and are often late getting the players their stuff because of it. They had experience, but we definitely had them on good attitudes and general athleticism. So we won 18-6. And they are really sore losers.


Greg came over later and helped me with a project that shall be released December 1. Hahaha.


After I got out of the training room on Thursday, Greg, Hannah, and I headed up to Jason's family's house for some Thanksgiving festivities. I was so tired and kept falling asleep, which would have been nice if people hadn't kept waking me up. 6andUP performed our rendition of The Oxcart, where it gets progressively lower. We were assigned seats far from each other so we wouldn't get into trouble. We also had 2 assigned topics of gratitude - mine were a story (the potato farmer) and a place (the bathroom). Food was delicious. I ate an entire pie by myself. And we got back before Hannah had to work, so we spent a little time calling the CT fam.


Hannah also wants me to watch Avatar with her, so I started. It's pretty good. But I've got a long way to go.


I went running and ran all the way to the store to get the supplies for peppermint bark. Which I then made all by myself. See Mimi? I am domestic. I then ate it myself instead of giving to boys. I feel pretty good about my decisions.


Saturday I spent the whole day at the stadium unloading the truck and setting up for the last home game of the season. We were terrified it would snow and make us even colder, but it held off until just after the game. Bless. I brought my candy canes for the hot chocolate Brett got us. He also bought cider and some chicken broth for the players that was actually pretty good.

Zac Dawe. Worst photographer ever. 
I was assigned to the D Bench this time (as opposed to every other time, when I've been on the O bench). It was senior night and a black out and so the uniforms were boss. And also we beat USU. And got home by 2am. And had a great amount of fun and food. Thanksgiving blessings.

The Cream Crew, as Hannah might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment