Saturday, February 11, 2017

And Everything Worked Out OK

School: I'm taking 18 credits rn. That's the easy part. My writing teacher loves me. Chemistry is a piece of cake. Physics makes me want to die, but only because my teammates are booty and the organization is terrible. Thanks to Pfizer, I have a background in Pharmacology, so that's not too bad. And my history test was even reasonable! I had 3 tests this week and after the last one, the strangest thought occurred to me: it literally does not matter if I get an A or a B on these tests for my future success. Weird.
Me, though. 

Sports: Wednesday morning basketball is always a delight. I also had an intramural game and this is the best girls basketball team I have ever played on. We played against my ward's team and crushed them using a strategy called everyone stand far away so Naomi only has to post up on one, maybe two, people down low.

Okay here's a weird moment: I posted up, made it, got the foul called. I joked around with the girl who fouled me and went to the free throw line with this unreal sensation in my head - like I couldn't even remember if it was really me that just shot the ball. But I knew I had. It went a little far, and bounced right back to me. I jumped into the paint, grabbed it, and nobody moved. After a short pause,  I confirmed that the ball was indeed in play, I walked down to the hoop for an easy layup. Easiest four-point play. Surreal though.

Um, I joined a Quidditch Team. I'm a chaser. Tackling is allowed. We're going to regionals in a few weeks in Washington. This sport is almost as good as inner tube water polo.
Same, same.

Services: All of my spare time has been spent working on a presentation for Singa, a French refugee-integration organization. I love working on stuff like this because it's fun, challenging, and makes ya feel all fuzzy inside. Also because I'm good at it. It's surprisingly easy to contact really important and experienced people and I think a lot of people miss out on that because they think they're too unimportant or something. Not I. In addition to great resources like PRoney, I also got in contact with Joseph Grenny (co-author of Crucial Conversations, and admin for The Other Side Moving Co) as well as the Singa chapter head for Germany. I love networking.

Speaking of networking. Part of my goals in response to the Summit Leadership Conference I attended, was to get back in contact with several people from my mission, especially the Tonal family. When I moved to Cannes, we were starting fresh and I became fast friends with these guys, who lived in the same complex as us. They are a delightful family of four, who can cook a mean steak, and aren't super interested in the church, but are like family. Just seeing messages from them makes my heart happy.
Me flirting with my future husband.

Success: Here's my testimonial for the week. I've been a tad concerned about mula leading into this year. I had to cut my summer job short by a month and can't really work during football season. BUT. For some reason, God really likes me because that guy is really hooking a sister up. I got a half scholarship from some random dude. Then I discovered a website that will let pay me for posting my study guides and sharing them with my class. Then my boss offered me a research job with him for 8h/week, good pay, and extremely flexible hours. Then three athletes asked me to tutor them in a few classes, which BYU will pay me to do. On top of that, my guy Tim, hooked me up with a great job opportunity in AZ in June, which hopefully will all pan out. #blessed
Can't even tell it's almond bark.

Yum. We almost made it 7 years. So close.

Side Notes: I made a custom mouth guard for myself. Now I just have to force myself to wear it. (These are NOT the boil n bites - these are nice, light, non-intrusive works of art.)

I made it to Waffle Wednesday this week. It's always rough because it depends on how fast I can finish my Physics lab and if they'll actually let me go.

Galentines Traditions. It was nice to have Lauren over because I love her and needed a break from it all. We got Chick Fil A and all the supplies necessary to make a George Randall (red mountain dew, lime juice, and vanilla). We made chocolate covered strawberries and a music video that is being held hostage by Lauren until I give her the rest of her birthday poem. I gave her a massage and we talked about my crazy life and her crazy stalker who is there literal worst.

Our new album is coming out featuring new hits like "Becoming Sherri"
and "Dew Me A Favor" and even "Sherri a Moment With Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment