Sunday, February 5, 2017

McCall Me Up

Okay who wants to know about my life? Ready, GO.
My new favorite meme.

I finished my VT a little last minute, much to the chagrin of Chelsea Rencher. Kelsey is delightful and  camped out for the Gonzaga game five days in advance. Taylor is a new friend and we have the same birthday, except hers is six years after mine. Yikes.
This is in Ashby's brother's closet. Um, can we be friends?

After classes on Monday, I went to a meeting about a case competition to improve the near-nonexistent infrastructure of SINGA, an increasingly international organization that helps refugees, aka "new citizens" become integrated in their societies. Greg and I joined a team and had a long meeting discussing a few ideas with our other teammate, Marissa.
Squadding it up in McCall, ID.

I got some job potential this week. My friend Ho'o is moving to AZ after this semester and wanted a roommate and I wanted O-U-T of UT after I graduate in June, so my guy Tim (an AT/PT in NM) hooked me up with this guy Scott who runs a PT clinic out of a gym in Phoenix and has an AT leaving to go to PT school in May, so he said the timing would be perfect. He told me to come visit whenever and we planned to meet up at a conference in the end of March. Did you follow that?
No, we don't want you to take our picture. We GOT this.

The second job offer came from my boss, Brett, who is working on his PhD right now and needs 8h of research help for this and spring semester, which he recently got permission to fund from the department.
A buncha dorkbutts.

The bad news comes along with my physics classes. My 108 lab is usually fun - good experiments, wonderful TAs, and we get out pretty early each time. This week, some of our equipment was faulty and it took us and both TAs about 50 minutes to figure out what was wrong. Right in the middle of that mess, I found out that our water polo team had to forfeit its second match, meaning we are disqualified from the rest of the season and tournament. Then I had my 107 lab which majorly sucked, as expected, and was only made a little better by several weed puns from our lab mate.
First picture of the day. This is as good as it gets, folks.

The good news about that disqualification is that it made my decision to go to Idaho this weekend a lot simpler. I finished as much HW as possible on Thursday. I registered for spring semester and got permission to exceed the credit maximum. I've also been reading a chapter in Miracle of Forgiveness per day so I can finally finish it.
In front of a frozen lake. 

Anyways, we left after classes for Ashby's house in Eagle, ID. All five of us squished into the care with a huge bag of popcorn and seats that slanted so one cheek was higher than the other. We got back, at some waffles, watched some Modern Family, and ACon and I snoozed in Talmage's bed.
Mama Clark made us cornbread for breakfast before she and Papa Clark left for AZ, dropping Mia off at her volleyball tournament en route to the airport. Eventually, the squad left on a 2h drive to the Winter Festival in McCall, taking us through the European foothills on the way.
Winner of the Festival.
Which was graded both on quality and durability.
The snow sculptures were a tad disappointing because most had melted or fallen by this point. But it was still fun to see a few that remained. We walked around, explored some stores, and at some delicious burgers at My Father's Place. Then we found out Mia was in the hospital and got back just as she was being released. I did some HW and watched the Breakfast Club. Then talked to Lex for several hours before hitting the hay. Which I will hit again on the way home.
Elephant or mammoth?

No comments:

Post a Comment