Sunday, February 26, 2017

Networking and Reconnetworking

We had a day off Monday. We need more of these, I think. HBD, Washington, et al. It was a good day, especially since I worked really hard to finish my HW so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Instead, I got  to go unburdened to QD practice - which was so much more fun now that I know spinning on people is NOT, in fact, illegal, and I got to be on Trey's team. Finally. Our scrimmages were way more fun for me because I didn't have this kid getting me out every two seconds and we crushed it.

I made muffins, upon Hannah's request, although I was lacking some ingredients, so they turned out very dry. But Hannah liked them, so we kept them. Cam, my sound engineer, came over and helped me figure out how to make Garageband tunes actually sound good. I learned a lot and we only finished one verse together, so now I have some work to do. (I also introduced him to Injustice, which he now loves.)

They look pretty good though, right??
I finished it off with a movie night at Trey's place. Turns out I already know some of his friends, so that's cool. We watched Hacksaw Ridge, which is a great movie - although not for the faint of heart, since there's lots of war and blood. Mals and a French girl came over halfway through, at her insistence. Haha. It was a fun time with lots of snacks :)

Tuesday was so warm. I long boarded to my CPR class. Which, thank the heavens, did not take the entire four hours. And I am still CPR certified, if you were wondering.

I called my (hopefully) future employer Scott this week to ask a few questions and set up a meeting with him at the conference in March. He also asked for my résumé, which I updated and sent a day later. He read it and within half an hour, shot me a text that said, Quidditch? Seriously? Haha. Because, yes, I have a line for current personal interests. Well, turns out he's a fan, because he sent me this picture:

This is Scott's wedding ring, FYI.

Lauren Rigby and I planned to meet up, hopefully with the rest of the motley crew, but they're the worst. We talked all about our lives and funny stories and it was really good. And she's dating a boy, if you were wondering.

Speaking of reuniting with old friends, I had a lunch date with Hannibal this week! I touched her baby, Ben, for at least ten minutes. Let me tell you, this lady is just as wonderful as ever and rocking the Mom look.

I've been promising I'd go to QD conditioning, so I finally went on Thursday. Unfortunately, I also had to be on a conference call with the RMATA Student Senate I got tricked into joining. And I had to leave early to play ball with Hannah's friend's boyfriend's ward's team. Got all that?

During conditioning, this kid stopped me right before I was about to sprint to ask directions to the RB via secret tunnel. I happily obliged a fellow baller in court shoes and thought little of it. Until he came late to our basketball game and apparently is the best player on our team. Small world? Turns out he's also a certified massage therapist, amateur rapper, and transferring to BYU for the AT program. Yisss, connections. He also offered to shovel our driveway. Nice kid.

This is Brady. We hate him. But love him bc he's so funny.

Brady told everyone to get to FB at 6am Friday, so I actually listened. First mistake. Like four people came in before warmups at 7. Those lasted ten minutes before Sitake came in announcing that everyone was going paint balling. We were all invited, but wouldn't get back until noon, and unfortunately, I had class. (Which, much to my chagrin, was not entirely essential as it turns out.) But it was good because I had a lot of HW to get done.

I also brought in donuts for Austin the PT student's last day. And they were the good kind - Krispy Kreme sour cream cake donuts. Mmm. None survived.

I studied chem with the FB players. Then I studied chem on my own so I could make a study guide. Meanwhile, I crashed my roommate Emily's coworker party. They made food and watched Pride and Prejudice.

Why is this little cheerleader the cutest? I almost cried.

Saturday I drove up with the QD gang to our main fundraising event. We volunteered at a cheerleading competition, telling people when they could get on the warmup mats, throwing out free sunglasses, and distributing awards. (Those were my jobs, anyways.) One of our team leads, Alexis, has some crazy connection to those people, because they pay us way too much - $150 a day/person, +$20 lunch, +parking + a free t shirt. What.

I was reading a bunch of articles for a paper I'm writing on marijuana, and one employee kept coming over to tell me more stories about his experiences with it. They were funny and would have been helpful if it had been an actual paper and not just a literature review.

Can we get Moriah to do something cool, too?
No. Because her "heart is bleeding". Haha. 

I drove home with Brennan, a kid on the team. He loves filmmaking and did a year at NYU for that. He loves entrepreneurship and wants to go to China for that. And he just got back from his mission in Thailand, where he spent a lot of time among the people of Laos. And he rode an ostrich. I was like listen - all of these things I love, plus I have 3 brothers you need to be friends with. Man, people are cool.

I went to Greggy's house for some games, the BYU game (which we won, yay), and to watch the short version of their documentary. We did play a new game that I liked - Quiplash. Everyone is given 2 topics, for which you need to type in a witty response. Then everyone votes for the funniest. I was top 2 both times (because people put down something super lame and the other person won all the votes - which is mad points. NOT because I'm second funniest). And Greg's roommate made me a pizza when I said I was hungry. He's my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment