Sunday, February 19, 2017

Thanks For That. I'll Log THAT Away.

Sunday Greg, Hannah, and I drove up to Clearfield for cousin Brooklyn's farewell talk, which was very well done. We met up at Amy's after church for tacos and fruit and ice cream. (Don't worry - I broke the ice by getting food first.) And I realized I have TWO grandfathers who only love ice cream. But, hey, if you could die at any moment, might as well have a good taste in your mouth!

One of my new favorite pickup lines since my introduction to Avatar.

Hannah then went to Ben's for dinner with the rest of the Utah crowd while Greg and I met our teammate Marissa to film our introductory rap and work on our presentation to SINGA, the European organization helping refugees integrate. That's also how we spent our Monday night from 6pm to midnight, with only chips, salsa, and Oreos to sustain us.


On another note, I'm in charge of the programs for Sacrament meeting (which I did during church in Clearfield). We decided the announcements should be funny to make people want to read them. They were funny. Apparently also inappropriate. So when I sent them to my council head to print, she censored them a bit. But also forgot that they're printed on half sheets, so she had to edit them twice. Which means half the ward got the unedited version. There was some complaints in person and on FB that got me heated. I volunteered to apologize J. Golden Kimball style in front of the ward, but it was rapidly denied. My secondary offer was to cash me ousside, how bout dat?

Dink posted this on FB conveniently 30min ago.
Sunday was also the day that a pothole the size of Lavinia's booty appeared outside our house. During the day, we heard 2-3 people pop tires per hour. As it got darker, more and more people were losing wheels. As a good city member, I tried to contact the proper authorities. Unfortunately this is Provo and all authorities are off on Sunday. 

Maybe you can read this email I sent. (In addition to calling several numbers.)

I hurt my knee again. It's still pretty sore, but getting more manageable each day.

Because you make me uncomfortable and also I don't want to kiss you.
Physics. In my 108 lab, one of my TAs quit, to be replaced by the most useless human ever. My favorite TA is still there, so I sent him an email thanking him for keeping me sane, then got reprimanded by our head professor for using the email system improperly. I don't even care. In my 107 lab, I have a friend now - Taylor, from my Quidditch team. We cranked it out. And she even let me watch Trevor's game during our lab.

Just what I always wanted.
After I cranked out some quality HW on Thursday , my old mission companion Alisa Hulme and I caught up via temple trip. She's been in Jerusalem for the past semester and now her sister lives in Greg's ward, so they are both well-acquainted with my bitter enemy and friend-stealer, David Monson. No worries though, she has since re-sworn allegiance to me.

Apparently almost-swears are not allowed on church programs either.
Even if they're great puns.
Friday, I went to the first half of my basketball game. The other team forfeited, but we played the same team as last week and were winning when I left at half time. Greg drove me down to the Marriott Hotel for a Quidditch demonstration. There was a conference for fiction writers going on and it was one of the breakout sessions. It was way fun until somebody broke a light. (Our bad.) But afterwards I met a kid name Peter who did NOT give me a piece of pizza, but DID tell me about some novellas he's produced, so I'm gonna check them out.

My group in WRTG is actually good. Also my teacher Rob
did a pretty good talk on muscle adaptations with aging.
Saturday, I did HW at 730am. (Wow, dedication!) I ran to my QD practice at 1130. Greg came and tackled some people. He's almost as strong as me and infinity times more agile. It was fun having him there. Greggy even took me to the store quick. I showered, took a nap. Did some archery, which only hurt my shoulder a little bit. There was a nice crack in between sections of foam targets and I got at least one shot right in the crack every time. It really takes a skilled archer to accomplish such a feat.
Elephant Skull at the archery range.

Then I was experimental and tried some PINEAPPLE curry. Yes, thank you. My allergies have all but abated. I did some more HW and played catch-up with HanNip-Nip Cheerio until my QD reunion. Trey graciously drove me there, although turns out Taylor only lives a block away... My b. Taylor made us some Cafe Rio and Trey brought a tray of leftover cookies from his VDay dance (and also his crusty socks to wash at Tay's house). We talked strategy and reviewed pictures for our trading cards we have to make for Regionals.

I looked at my kingdom - Finally on pitch - To bring you all down
in a game called Quidditch. #HalfBloodPrinceofBelAir #Swagrid
I don't have any QD pictures, so this will have to do. One day when I have real muscles on my arms, this will be more intimidating. We're getting there. Anyways, afterwards, it was nice to just chill and get to know the team better. We played a fun game, told stories, and did Physics HW. And it was delightful.
Snapchat to the Chin and HD Booty.
I'm taking History of Creativity and this is the first history class I've ever enjoyed - all about the stories, leave the numbers out. (Ask me about Sir Francis Drake sometime.) Anyhow, post-Renaissance England was going through a change from absolute monarchy to more of a democracy. Meanwhile in France, Voltaire made some people mad and was banished to England, where he loved all their humanistic ideas and brought them back to France, spurring the French Revolution. At some point, he wrote a letter to his friend, King Frederick of Prussia, about the existence of God. So all the way from 1700s Europe is your spiritual thought of the week:
"If God did not exist, he would have to be invented. But all nature cries aloud that He does exist, that there is a supreme intelligence, an immense power, an admirable order, and everything teaches us our own dependence on it." -Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment