Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Full Revolution or Two

At family dinner last Sunday, the Gregster and I had a chat with the Chin, during which I mentioned Greg's confusion at my use of the word "tome". He didn't know it meant book either. I justified it as an uncommon word until I found it three times this week. Vocab up, chumps.
Wait til we start our B&B with ferrets. 

I had my 2 week checkup at the hospital after a 2.5h wait. Doug talked to me for 5 minutes, ripped off my steri strips, and answered a few questions. Kurt checked in for about 10s.
Saw this dog driving a car. 

My chem lab partner is named Megumi. She's nice and smart so we get done way before everyone else. (But then, she's in no hurry to leave, which stresses me out a tad). The TA I sassed day 1 is mostly avoiding me. I'll count that as a win.
Sunlight in the bro tank.

I sat out in the sunlight a lot. It feels good on my leg. And my skin. Gotta get that VitD, know what I'm sayin?? I also called Moriah at least twice. She is like sunshine herself.
This kid.

Wednesday I got a massage from Viv, which hurt real bad for about 30s of it. But something magical happened because after that, I could ride a bike like an almost normal human. Enough to get some real cardio at least. Which made me so intensely happy :)

I have more time to cook in spring. No clinicals, just 2 classes and a BOC exam to study for. So I made myself a bounteous feast.
Haha. This is good stuff.

ACon's friend Josh came over and puked all night. We watched The Dark Knight while he kept at it. Savannah made Nutella cupcakes for her friend and left us some. They were magical.
Yum.

The crew hit up Chels' bridal shower. We ate all the food, made all the jokes, and planned the bachelorette party. (Apparently, I was kicked out of the planning committee for my non-Utah kosher ideas.)

 Got to hang out with this chick. Always a good time. Unless her date poops in her car. In which case, it's less good. But also the best story I've heard in a while.
Classy.

My friend Jake called his bishop from 3 years ago to ask if we could use his canoes. Greg and I hit him up on Saturday with our frozen grapes. It was fun and we didn't even get attacked by geese once.
Getting in was the hardest part. 
And we rode back in style.
The QD crew watched Interstellar. I hated it. It was well done - Chris Nolan & Hans Zimmer really know how to make a movie. The whole thing just stressed me out.

And also I found my mission journals. So here's a quote for you:
Mallory: It's amazing the things badges can get you.
Me: Like what?
Malls: A free ride to adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment