Sunday, August 13, 2017

Friends and Food

I had to go to FHE this week for a book exchange, so I picked Matt up enroute and waited for him to tire himself out with kickball and chair soccer ( a bizarre and tedious sport, if you ask me). Then I went to Chick Fil Bae and read said book with my nugs and waffle fries. The definition of a quality evening.


Bart, one of the bishopric members, asked me to check out some addresses and such from the ward directory. So that took up a few of my evenings with marginal success.

Wild Thang, you make my heart sang.
#GrowingUpWithTheChin

My Romanian patient, a dance-teacher-turned-mechanic, taught me some moves (which I probably still should not do, based on typical healing speeds). And Paul had a good laugh as I struggled with the steps.


The tables turned when I started a high kicking competition with Shae, who was a kick boxer for 11 years. Paul tried to kick at the same level, but his back foot slid out from under him and he fell flat on his back.

This museum had some pretty cool activities.
AND, you could touch all the artwork.



And speaking of my knee, my fellow therapists have deemed it pertinent to inform me that I am now allowed to go hiking, as long as the trail is stable, paved, and short, without any elevation changes. Thanks, guys. I jogged two days this week and it was awkward, but also the best.

Paul and I have a few patients that speak Arabic with some English, so I've been trying to learn a few helpful phrases to better communicate. So far, it's not working. All the Americans praise my accent, while my patients understand zero percent of my Arabic questions.

Did Steve tell you that perchance? Ugh, Steve.
I got my man Jim working on the car situation. Which is becoming increasingly tenuous, as Greg arrives to relieve me of his Le Sabre in ten days. Yikes.

One time, I told Cen that we should get drinks one time. Which apparently was funny because we're Mormon and she's four children younger than me and can't legally drink for another three years. I just really like juice. But we had our first "drinks" (aka soda...) and I think there will be more to come.

Class. Just, class.
 Autumn and I attended a chill hangout Friday (because there wasn't much else going on). We just met up at Cenita's with Jake and Mike and her bro, Kaleb. Jake is a master instrumentalist, Cen is learning uke, and Autumn has a beautiful voice, so they had a nice jam sesh. We played with electricity and ate pizza that Bryan the dad brought home. And while I was snapping Trev, he asked if it was a date. HA!

One of Phoenix magazine's top things to do in AZ included a visit to the IDEA Museum's August monster exhibit. I knew it was for children, but did not fully comprehend that it was a children's museum. I enjoyed myself nonetheless. I need to be more creative in my life and kids are good for that. Autumn had fun, too. What a champ she is, for attending all my ridiculous adventures.

This girl thought we were super fly. And who wouldn't?
Don't answer that.
We planned this outing strategically, for Autumn's friends' wedding reception was only ten minutes from the museum. We helped decorate a bit - it was nice and simple and small. The traditions were terrifying, as usual. But the cupcakes and floats were delicious. I would know.

Despite our plans to head back to Glendale for a pool party, the idea of some frozen corndogs and a hangout at Kenny/Braeden's bachelor pad. It was chill, enlightening, and filling. I quite like them. Anyone who can laugh at themselves is okay in my books.

Clarence has had enough of your crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment