Sunday, August 6, 2017

Arizona Sunsets and A Good Book

Alright listen up motherlickers. I'm not a huge fan of scavenger hunts - it's like a big game, but less worth the effort required. Anyhow, Autumn likes them, so we went - and arrived so late that the last car was leaving as we arrived. We didn't win, but I did get to hang out with Cenita and one of her boys, Braeden, who was rather nice. And apparently took out a girl who cost him $12 in frozen yogurt. Yikes. We hit up an intimate pool party and discussed the merits of Mayweather and McGregor, who both started as boxers and if you don't remember that, don't even try to state your opinion.

The scraggly nugmuffins came to town Tuesday night on their way out to LA and probably caused more trouble than they were worth, but I was glad for it. The whole fam, + Cenita and Bryan, helped make dinner - pasta, ribs, broccoli salad, watermelon, cheesecake. We played some totally insane games, like Curses, and chatted for a long time about the chins. Apparently my friends don't really know a whole lot about me, but that's what I get for only telling outlandish lies when asked personal questions.
Ol Deek and Shennsley, WHO WE LOVE, SHARON.
Stresses of the week came in the form of a box of 13 books that was lost in the mail and the completion of my AT licensure application (that hopefully has everything they need included...). It was a mess, but one that I'm hopefully done dealing with. I also received my printer cable, which means I can print out all the receipts for reimbursement and any piano music I want. On to find a car.

This is where I live.
On a whim, I made Autumn and Olivia accompany me to a park. We played on the swings, ate Reese's ice cream, and enjoyed the Arizona sunset. [Which, to me, looks like any other sunset. I'm waiting for one to be purple.]

That is a cell tower, if you were wondering. Not a palm tree. 
Heidi, Ben, and Olivia went on their ward campout Friday night, leaving Autumn, Peyton, and I to our own raucous party. We ate pizza, watched a movie, and I spent six hours turning my pants into shorts. I had the wrong color thread, but I think it'll be okay.

Mmm nice.
Heidi usually asks what our weekend plans are, and is still in shock when we say there are none. Like, we for sure could have found some parties to hit up or gone out to drinks with some friends, but sometimes the best weekends are the ones where you don't have to do anything. And you can just roam from spot to spot reading those 13 books you went through all that trouble to acquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment