Sunday, March 25, 2018

I Like My Red Rocks...Convenient

There was another fireside on Sunday. Is anyone surprised? Next thing you know, they'll be scheduling firesides in between sessions of general conference!

I didn't go. But I did go to cookie night afterwards to chat with Mama Bale and play some Jackbox games.

OK BUT THE RED ROCKS THO.
I've been crushing at the gym with my workout classes and post-work SWOLENATION activities. My hamstrings and triceps, specifically were crushed. Also, during one workout we used the TRX straps to do prone extension rows and my hip bones are bruised, but I really liked that exercise - just gotta do it with a mat.

SWOLENATION hike. 
Thunderbird Park, part II hike was good. I like the flags at the tops of the mountains. Also that the hikes are super chill. I feel like the steeper it is, the more I need to rush up. But these are really good at progressing elevation.

Hide yo kids, hide you wife, he's snatchin dem people up. From the ceiling.
The Mesa temple hosts an Easter Pageant every year detailing the life of Jesus Christ. Loved it. The lendemain, one of my coworkers asked if Mormons celebrate Easter. Well, let me tell you....

I got to go to the actual temple on Thursday night. It was a close call, but I made it. And even ran into my friend from Institute (aka the lady in charge of the food.) Good times in righteous places.

Friday after work, Chance and I drove up to the campout in Sedona (home of the red rocks) and met up with our ward. Kaleb, Kezia, Jensen and we did some spelunking in tiny, buggy, poopy caves. And went on a short hike, reminiscent of Glacier Park.

Bishop's creepster photos.
We roasted marshmallows and Starbursts and told stories and even played games. The fire was so nice and warm. And Peter, my workout buddy of an undetermined age, gave me a heated blanket for when I live in Flag - and it def came in handy. After a short night hike, I finally turned in.

Ok, but look at this campsite. 
Not for long. It was freezing and I was wired from hiking. And then Brendan started yelling my name every 15-30m to see if it was time for breakfast yet. Finally, at 530, I yelled YOU HAVE TWO HOURS GO BACK TO BED! And he grumbled and said he wasn't tired and he was getting up anyways. Then I had 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Then, breakfast. And take down. And hiking - which was a bit of a mess, but it turned out ok. And I had Hannah and Jensen to point out really convenient rock formations. Bless.

New hobby: rock stacking yoga.
Katie, Chance, and I booked it out since we all needed to be home at a reasonable hour. But FIRST, we stopped at Outlaw Burger, which, true to its reviews by Bart Winters, was delicious. 10/10 would eat there again. (Which really isn't hard to achieve as a burger joint.)

Look at the food though.
Then Chance and I booked it out east to the Renaissance Fair. We saw pirates and booty and pirates' booty and a joust where our man Mordrid (very clearly a bad guy) took some kids OUT. And I got free money from the bank, so we bought honey and smoothies and turkey legs and chocolate covered strawberries. 

Then we tried to watch Dr. Strange because APPARENTLY he's part of the Marvel universe and the new Avengers is coming out fin d'Avril. But alas I fell asleep. Wonder why (cough cough Brendan). 

No comments:

Post a Comment