Sunday, March 18, 2018

I'm on a Diet.

I love Stake Conference, but I also love taking the Sacrament, so these weeks are always a toss-up. Highlight goes to Will Cuthbertson's story about getting pepper sprayed for the police academy: "Then I thought, if I quit now, my face will still be on fire."

The Phoenix North YSA ward commandeered Adam Cates' mission farewell party, courtesy of yours truly, and we had a good time watching international wipeout and playing some games.

The scriptural puns, though. 
SWOLENATION starts this week. We did our weigh-ins and measurements on Sunday to kick it off.  Let me tell you what's changing:

  • Food. I'm eating healthy. It's actually not bad, since I planned to eat foods that I actually like. And I get natural PB with dark chocolate as one of my snacks - ultimate highlight. It's sooo good. But I'm limiting bread, dairy, salt, and sugar. And replacing them with vegetables, fruit, and protein. And only eating the food that I planned to eat, with MAYBE a small amount of donated goods.
  • Workouts. I'm going to the gym at least once a day and taking classes. Mandy's MUSCLE class wrecked me - every exercise you do 8 on a 2-count, 8 up fast/slow down, 8 up slow/down fast, 8 normal, 8 at the top, 8 at the bottom. WRECKED.
  • Water. Trying to drink half by body weight in oz of water excluding what I drink working out. It makes me less hungry too.
  • Lifestyle. I park my car farther away. I try to stay standing the whole time I'm at work, preferably moving around. Instead of movie nights, we do hikes and chill activities where we're moving. I try to sleep at the same time every night and stop eating 3 hours beforehand.
It doesn't feel like a ton is different. I was fairly active before anyways. But I like it because this is a lifestyle I can maintain - which is the goal.

Freaking bomb (salad).
SWOLENATION got together to make some healthy snacks: chocolate protein balls, chocolate beet muffins, and sugarless lemon cheesecakes. Chris and Jon came to help out and talk about their supplement company. I dropped the beet(s).

Basketball with the old ladies was clutch this week - intense, but also a good workout. I was tired going into it, but I'm glad I went. 

Chance from France and I went on a pretty nice hike over by Thunderbird park. And we only saw one creepster. 

Friday was CCV football and planks and nap and movie night. Nobody died, I'm better than I thought, and Geoff Chaucer is the man.


Callie and Rylie are back for bridals and a bridal shower. It's good to see them. What a stellar family. Gah, I like them.
SWOLENATION citizens.
Deer Valley had 5 reps show up to basketball (which meant no subs), but it was ok because we won. It was a good game though. And only Derek and 2 other kids were trying to kill people. But I didn't die, so win-win.

The Air Show was mostly over by the time we got there, but we did some good walking and saw a low-flyover and some cool loopty-loops from the palm tree promenade. The Blue Angels were there. I was wearing Aviators. They thought I was a pilot. Next thing you know, I'm up in the air taking orders from a the squad leader Mick via my headset.

We had stir fry for dinner with LOTS of vegetables that only looked like very few vegetables because they were cooked. I like that about stir fry. Tricks you.

And thus ends SWOLENATION, week one. 'Twas a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment