Sunday, July 22, 2018

Bach Shiz (literally) Crazy

Some weeks are busy. Then some weeks are busy. Like I have things planned every night, but if my plans fall through I have backups of important activities that I should also be doing. And if those fall through, I have more backups. Tripled. It requires a lot of prioritizing.

I played volleyball (partially because I just felt gross and needed to get out of a rut). It worked, mostly. It was fun.

I got a free burrito at Institute - which was motivation to actually attend. And it was also dang good.

My comic book is now finished (praise the Lord, fr tho). Printed and copied and sent to a few importants, and they gave it to me at the quoted price (which ended up being HALF of the actual).
 
Aonghus and I explored Mesa's country swing dance scene - which to my pleasant surprise, was full of hood rats. Loved it.

Jeff helped me fix the handle on my car door. (And by that I mean watched and mentored). Brandy only watched, but she kept me entertained.

Shennsley rolled in and slept over and failed to tell me all the PT things she needed while I was working that could've been resolved in shop for free. Next time.


We packed and rolled out to Grand Canyon, USA for the bachelorette fest of a lifetime. We met Hannah and Morgan at our campsites (and also several LARGE and HUNGRY ravens). Hannah and I packed the tent while Shennsley and Morgan lit the fire. We had charred burgers and s'mores with Reese's and talked dirty.

The next morning, we packed up shop and rolled into the village for a hike. Down was slow and steady. Apparently we made it about 3 miles before we decided to break and head back up. I was ready for the up, but so was the thunder and lightning and freezing rain (that was sometimes hail). It was an effort to keep everyone moving, but we made it out alive, so all was well.

We headed to our hotel in Valle. Showered. Fed. Did bachelorette things. Played psych, an Ellen group game w/phones. And watched Little Evil on Netflix, which was danggg funny.

We slept well that night, each in our own bed. Shan and I left around 8:30 so I could go to church (#righteous). And Hannah Merrell was back from BYU-I and I AM HYPE. ALL THE FREAKING HYPE. (But also profoundly exhausted).

No place like home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment