Sunday, July 8, 2018

ONE MORE PAAAAGE

(sung to the tune of Les Miserables' "One More Day")

Okay, but seriously, I've been working on this comic book for two years as the culmination of a lot of inside jokes from college round one. AND I ONLY HAVE ONE PAGE LEFT (plus the cover).

This is much higher quality than the rest of the book. 
My other new hobby is baking cookies while I'm at work. Mama Cassens gave me some cookie dough at our waffle night Sunday and I remembered that it's averaging about 110 degrees outside. Which is at least as hot as a tinfoil oven. After two rounds of baking cookies during work, my car smells great.

A little crunchy, but really good.
Another new hobby: creating medleys of church hymns and popular soundtracks on the piano. Autumn asked me to do a musical number and Becca created a bomb arrangement for me, and I'm working on another. It's wayy fun.

An old hobby: getting free food. Fourth of July, I spent BBQ-hopping. (After the gym, of course). It was a fun time with good burgers. AND when you spread the food out like that, you have a little more time to digest and a little less food coma.

Also I found a good Indian place, since I've been having cravings. 
I also convinced our Institute to do a pizza dinner. And then I went hot tubbing with some leftover car-bake cookies and milk à la Courtney. And then I used all my Star Wars temporary tattoos to create this boujee arm band.

Coolest kid you know. 
Another hobby I've had is undermining authority and getting psyched over ridiculous ideas that people agree with. Like the upcoming stake dance that I planned in 15 minutes with Becca, Dallin, and Braden. It's been approved. Now invites need to be sent ASAP and we need a venue. All other details are either taken care of or nonvital.

I went to a drive-in movie this week and my experience was not how I remembered it from my childhood. It was hot. And you couldn't just screen hop wherever all night. But I did meet Antman, so it was a win.

He's not as talkative as he is in the films. 
Another continued hobby is coding and working out with Peter, my friend with children who are within 20 years of my own age. We didn't do much workout out, but we did do some coding. I'm definitely progressing, but Javascript is still the more frustrating of the languages we've discussed to date.

Here's a new hobby: glassblowing. I convinced my friend Dan to take this class with me so we could make things for the art show in August. We were there first, so we got to make our cacti first, and we got to leave first. It was a good time and pretty quick relative to the drive.

These furnaces made the room 1,000x hotter than Phoenix already is.
We also had a much needed girl's night - with drinks and oreos and movies. It was much needed for all of us to have some social time and relax from the various stresses of the week. I was so excited for everyone there - we're all just really living our best lives and getting things done. I love it.

He's boutta add a flower on his cactus. 
SO to Xandino this week, who is crushing it on summer sales. He hasn't even graduated HS yet, but this kid's boutta have some money in the bank.

Not a pic of Xandino, but much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment