Sunday, July 29, 2018

JFK! FDR!

If you've never been ice blocking before, do it. Just maybe not in the 118deg heat because the blocks melt realllll fast. To be repeated in CT this summer, per request of xandino. Side benefits of me participating in FHE: snow cones, cindy winters, and a Swedish flag. 

This was the last week of institute. Which means I never have to go again. I celebrated with Becca, Hannah, and the boyz(TM) by swimming and hot tubbing for several hours. Worth it. 

This is where I live. 
Now that Hannah is back (and bought a Mountainside pass), I have a workout buddy. Which means we go freaking hard in the paint. And my crab meat is super sore. 

Katie and I had our long-awaited girl's night with Sandra. We had pina coladas, cookies, and I finished up this bad boy while watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Look at it. 
Our Harry Potter-themed indexing competition ended Thursday and SOMEHOW, Gryffindor pulled up from wayyyy behind for the victory. Suspicious. It was a good time to clear my head and enjoy the spirit and collect flags.

Remember that time that I usurped all the authority to plan a regional dance moi-même?  Because it happened Friday and it was l-i-t LIT. My friends pulled together for some simple, yet v classy decorations - white lights strung from the walls and along the floor, a serious of flags hung Olympics-style between some hoops, and coolers filled with lemonade, coke, water, and cookies at the ends. The music was good, SO to Trevor Nally for putting up with a lot of crap. And SO to all the other people that volunteered to help set up/take down because I owe them a lot. We had several hundred kids packed into the gym, get down club style (vs Mormon circle style, which I hate). It was a freaking P-A-R-T-Y. I am so impressed with the turnout. Seriously. Critics are raving.


vAfter getting home super late, my brain was still turning from the logistics of the dance and the upcoming art show, so I ended with a total 2.5h of sleep. I went to a CPR class, which I actually really enjoyed. Ate some Mexican food with a friend. Did some quick shopping so Kenzie could help me with some projects for the art show. Showered and took a 15m nap. Attended a Martha Bale's wedding reception (and drank so much juice). 

And the best part of the day was playing True American (from New Girl). THE FLOOR IS LAVA. This game is a riot and kind of complicated, but so fun. We drank and laughed and watched a thunderstorm for a while. And I slept for a full eight hours, which is the real miracle here.

Conclusion: Yes. Yes he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment