Sunday, February 3, 2019

Me Gusta Los Deportes (probably)

I'm amping up the sports this season. It's not too crazy, but sometimes it feels like it on my poor knees. I started playing city league basketball with some guys and Brandi and I now go swimming once a week. In addition to all my other activities.

Neuroanatomy is coming together a little bit after we had a few study sessions this week - which really helped out on the quizzes. We also had to do short presentations for our lab and I was terribly upset when I heard the lab before ours went 20min over their allotted time. Well, we aren't Lab A for nothing and we took 30min LESS and covered all the material. When asked how we performed this miraculous feat, the consensus was "we were scared of Hutch". Not mad, if it gets me out earlier.

Several of my professors graciously agreed to meet with me to discuss future clinical rotations (think May 2020). Unfortunately, they just gave me more options than I thought I had, so now I'm trying to get the school to establish a new contract with several places in Boston. #dream

Lindsey and I discovered Walnut Canyon - a short, easy hike amidst a slew of ancient caves we could touch and climb into. It was a wonderful, relaxing hike with beautiful views and lively conversation. And all I could think was how beneficial it probably was for my pineal gland.

Because I had a craving, I convinced Brandi to have a group over for a cookout Saturday night. It started a little dimly, but ended with a bang. The burgers were good and the company was better. No complaints other than I wish it could've lasted longer (but I have a prompt bedtime at 9:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment