Sunday, February 24, 2019

Snowpocalypse

It snowed every day this week, meaning my productivity was at an all time low (since we as a race have failed to adopt hibernation and it takes too much effort to function effectively). I "worked out" from home (since it was too slippy to run to the gym) and classes started late (since it was too slippy to drive to school). I did get a couple good workouts, but even Monday night basketball was cancelled in favor of a last-minute baptism in that building. I can't really be mad, but the communication was a mess, so I ended up attending in sweats instead of a dress. Nobody was surprised in the least. 

This is me bald. 
It snowed 36" on Thursday alone - meaning that classes were cancelled for the first time in my college career. Without a wood burning fire or a good book, I had no reason to stay indoors all day, so I trekked to the institute and shot some hoops. Then Caleb and I went on an adventure where we built our Mexican friends a wall so they would feel more at home. (JK, we're not racists). 

Pretty good for straight powder. 
After playing in three feet of snow, it just kept snowing. Even Phoenix got some - which proves that global warming is a thing. Roads were slightly better, but the plowing system leaves a lot to be desired here. Brandi was able to make it out, which means part 1 of filming for our new YouTube short: JOB was a go. 

Apparently this wasn't bad enough to count for my anything.
I chatted with Moriah a lot this week. We talked about life and classes and HW and her job at Walmart. She said, I just wish I had a day off. (She only works MAYBE twice a week. But she started using her money to buy her own clothes and take her siblings out to eat on special occasions.) My other favorite quote was when I was chatting with the whole fam about how good eyebrows are NOT in the Hutchins gene pool. I said, Derek's got good ones, Trevor, Kevin, Lavinia, and I have halfsies. Nobody else has any eyebrows. Then Moriah chirps in from the other room, I have eyebrows! 

How can you NOT love this girl?!
#ResurrectionMoriah
Saturday was another adventure entirely. I risked it down the mountain to attend Autumn's sealing in Gilbert. I was lovely and my old bishop only tried to set me up a few times. Then I was late to an optometrist appt with a salty old man who I will probably not be seeing again. We had a nice ring ceremony. I ate a pizza, several cheesecakes, and drank half the lemonade. I got to hang out with some old chums. And then I drove back up the mountain and here we are. 

#IntoTheWoods2k19

No comments:

Post a Comment