Sunday, February 10, 2019

"We're Athletes"

My body is improving in its ability to handle physical activity. I think it's due to both improved PT-induced weight training strategies and a better recognition of pain patterns. Either way, my 3-a-days are going well, despite a narrow loss in our city league game this Monday.

A sample of the calligraphy Brandi
and I  learned in one night. 
In our clinical cases, we met with a runner whose sacrum tilts whenever she's increasing intensity in her workouts, rectified by some manipulations and added weight training. It was a cool case, but even cooler because I had recently experienced very similar symptoms and it was nice to get a deeper understanding of the mechanism behind it - and how to fix it.

Karen drew a squiggle and asked us to make a picture.
She said there was no way any of us would draw the same picture.
Karen was also wrong.
NAU DPT 2020 had our first neuroscience exam this week and got wrecked. It's usually not as bad as we think it is, but I think Petra offers the opportunity for test corrections for a reason.

Brandi and I experimented with a new recipe this week when we fed the missionaries - which turned out well, despite Caleb's complaints about our "experiments" and requests that we keep cilantro levels down to reasonable levels. Jake even showed up with some gorilla squirts to top it off.


Friday was my first day of availability. Usually I leave my house at 5:30 and come back around 9 or 10pm - maybe stopping by for a few minutes to grab more food or change clothes. But otherwise, it's a place to sleep and maybe shower. But I had some free time and my loan came in, so I was able to get some stuff done - including a new screenplay for a short YouTube retelling of the book of Job.

My girl Terri, literal goddess herself. Crushing life. 
I love hanging out with Brandi because we want to do so many things and usually we're both down for all of it. We started swimming recently. We started doing monthly service projects. We help each other minister and do rescue visits. And Saturday, we went to a leadership conference for $5 where we got unlimited breakfast and lunch, a t-shirt, snacks, and some personal development.

We met up again afterwards for a game night at our friend Kat's house. She's getting baptized soon and is stoked. She also was stoked for this game night and made so much food. I crushed everybody at Quiplash and Mario Party and was the longest standing survivor in Super Smash. My limited video game skills are improving. Marginally.

Tune in tonight for AZ's broadcast with P. Nelson. Just like indoor plumbing, it's gonna be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment