Sunday, February 17, 2019

WeEk fiVe aLrEaDy?

You know what I haven't done since approximately second grade? Written a book report. I don't even know what goes into that. I spend the weekend finishing up How Doctors Think (bless up for quick reading skills) and then got stumped by a silly elementary school assignment.





Lots of basketball this week and we won most of our games. Even against the "best team in the league". My knees handled it ok, but I've got some other things I need to work on.





You know what I don't need to work on? Finding free food opportunities. Besides Louie's Cupboard, I had free pancakes, cereal, pastries, pizza, and an entire French-themed meal cooked by my friend Thomas. What a saint.



I spent Wednesday at an outpatient, hospital-affiliated clinic with a PT grad from NAU. She was delightful and blessed with 1-on-1 patient time for 45 min, which is ideal, really. We saw a few simple cases and a few more puzzling ones. Petra and I are tag-teaming with Kristi to get this figured out. This is the funnest part of my job.



Speaking of puzzling scenarios, I got to go to Phoenix (post-temple trip) for a birthday party of my old coworker with some puzzling neurological deficits of her own. Which makes her bowling skills all the more impressive. Brandi, Caleb, and I profited on pizza and a 40-frame game (where I was a close second thanks to the "sour grapes" rounds where you lose points for not getting a strike). She's wonderful and now she's 40. Cheers to many more, Melissa-



Brandi and I continued our new semester traditions - weekly swimming and monthly service. Lizzy joined us for swimming and we roped Caleb in for the service. We are the fastest box cutters/tapers/organizers known to mankind. It was a good use of a Friday. I'm glad I have friends that will support my crazy and odd endeavors.



As per tradition, here's a bum poem:
Roses are red
If I had one wish
It'd be to touch your tight butt
(Which is like unto a dish).

No comments:

Post a Comment