Sunday, March 10, 2019

It's All Worth it if it Ends in Pie

Lest any of you forget, let it be known that Lauren Gertrude Bellon and I are still best friends. We don't get to hang out nearly as often as we would like, but our actual 7 year anniversary of friendship is fast approaching - and Facebook would agree if Lauren hadn't defriended me 1 year in for experimental purposes.

"And this spot is important" -L, taking a man on a tour of PG
"Why?" -man
"Because it's where we kiss. For two hours." -L
Somehow we still had 7 hours of classes to make up after the snow day 2 weeks ago, so that happened, in addition to 2 tests. Both of which actually went decently, I think. But Brandi and I squeezed in more school by attending the PT/AT journal club - a 7am (free donuts) discussion on the validity and applicability of a research article. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good vibes. 
I had competency checks for clinic this week with my 2nd year buddy, Kat. And I did fine. Sometimes other people stress out about stuff, which gives me an inflated idea of what to expect and I forget that I am actually irl competent.

This is where I live. 
We lost both our volleyball games this week, but Sam and I played in between games for another team and we won if that counts for anything. Also, I've been getting some good hits, which makes the whole thing more fun.

Somehow I convinced Alex to expand his dinner for the missionaries to also include myself, Caleb, and Brandi. So we enjoyed a Mexican feast and never did end up getting to the pool. Tant pis. We did get Roger and Mason to go hot tubbing with us, so we were in water at least.
One of my new favorite memes.
Oscar Night was a bit of a disappointment with only 3 video submissions - and a clear winner, aka us. The Book of Job was a huge success, 10/10 would recommend for any FHE. I also got a Moriah-level salute in one of the other two videos. Loved it.

Saturday was a study in procrastination. The sun was shining and I was feeling good. That is, until I went to a free workout at Evolve Flagstaff for Women's Day and got my booty and quads kicked. Then I had to crawl everywhere, which made our early Pi Day celebration a bit inconvenient.

NAU DPT representing. 
Apparently, this day was a mess for everyone. Brandi got a ticket for fishing without a printed license. And Caleb got locked out of his apartment. So it took us 2 hours to make it to our own Pi Day party - and it was probably a good thing everyone else backed out on us. But we had pizza and 3 pies and watched a few episodes of Pushing Daisies in honor of math.

Worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment