Sunday, March 31, 2019

How To Walk in a Toga

I thought spring break was enough to carry me through the end of the semester. Yeet. Two days into the week, I was done. Luckily, most of Tuesday was cancelled in favor of a scandalous board meeting ("I have to wait a month for the next episode??), which was unusually short. So we got off early and finished a lot of HW that would have been hard to do otherwise. We also hit up a poster conference and 3MRP competition in which our classmate was a competing finalist. Apparently you're not supposed to cheer at those, but I was never one for inane tradition.

On occasion, I get a solidddd breakfast.
Caleb and I went to the family food warehouse this week for some service. We did an assembly line box packaging thing that was fun and then we had to prep a huge box full of cabbage. A delightful old man named Jack told me all about how I'm going to do PT on a rich athlete and then we'll get married, and next thing you know I'm vacationing in the Bahamas every week. I like Jack.

Our own toga continuation.
We spent our free time on Thursday studying and I drew some gruesome pictures of what happens when you have endocrine disorders that nobody liked, but everyone found useful. (Also I literally aced this test, so take that mockers and ridiculers!)

Brandi and I invited the missionaries, Sam, and Alex over for breakfast (for dinner). One of my favorite meals and it was delicious. We also made them eat more of the ice cream leftover from Pi Day.

Literal goddesses.
Roger made a bad bet against me (that he lost), so he bought me ice cream and he didn't stay for the toga party. Which was actually a pretty big hit, I think. We had various bougie Olympic style events that you could participate in at your leisure, including Plato Pong, Trivia, Javelin (straws), Discus (plates), archery (rubber bands), foot race (with 3 books on your head), and a chariot relay (scooting on a towel across the floor). Prizes were given to the winners, but everyone got cheese and grapes and wore a toga.

We made sure our missionary couples participated in this one.
Then we watched a movie, still wearing our togas. It was The Mummy 3 and I didn't love it. Why do they change Evie every movie.

We are the muses. 

I studied a lot on Saturday and went to an Argentinian dinner with Tom and the crew. He fed us several kinds of empanadas, cilantro rice, homemade tortillas, and dulce de leche cinnamon rolls with crushed almonds and caramel. This man is a miracle worker. Then we saw VICE for free at ThemBoyz Center (aka Dubois) which was bizarre and I don't really recommend. The wigs looked great though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment