Sunday, March 24, 2019

Spring Break

Let the record show my participation in the first ever spring break of my college career. I loved it and I really did need it. Undergrad was fine without it, but I needed a minute to reset my brain.

I did a lot and also nothing. I slept in a real bed and finished a book I've been reading and caught up on some studies. I ate free dinner with the Brewton's and some friends and then with Mason and the missionaries. I worked on my short story again and accepted an internship for 2020.

Taking after my old man.
I hit up the gym with a new Captain Marvel-inspired workout (which Mason and I saw in theaters). And I played some ball with the usual crew. I learned a new thing to cook which is basically just another way to make Mexican tacos. And I got to hang out with Jason at his PT clinic and remember what I love about this job.

At the end of the week, I drove down to Mesquite for my contacts and a temple trip. Then I drove up to Mesquite for Hannah's baby shower. I stayed in my first successful AirBnb with Michaela and took some time to go running - and saw the commencement of the regional old people Olympics right down the street.

This is the weirdest kind of decorating to me.
We had a decent turnout, with one friend from UT dropping by. There was food, minimal decorating and a cage surrounding Hannah's chair so nobody would touch her. (We offered Markies a spot in the middle, but haven't his people already suffered enough?) We decorated thousands of gray onesies and played a version of scattergories where you have to come up with a name for each letter of the alphabet. Highlights were obviously Ochocinco and Rasputen.

Don't zoom in too close.
Hannah and Markies got to speak in church, in hopes of encouraging them to be active. Hannah told some good stories and bleeped out the swears and left the rest to Markies. Who had me worried when he threatened to sing, but ended up being very engaging (just ask any old woman there). Also I learned that if Hannah doesn't talk to you, it's not because she doesn't like you, she's just shy.

Can't even tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment