Sunday, April 28, 2019

Bridal Showers, Blacksmithing, Bachelorette Parties, Oh My

I always feel like there's so much to do, despite how far ahead of most assignments I am. I can't stop studying or working on things. One and a half more weeks and only four more finals (until summer semester begins...)

Apparently Polio was such a big deal that they make plushes as souvenirs. 
The sport of the week was volleyball. I convinced our PT classmates to come play with us on Tuesday night and we had a blast. We were terrible, but had the most energy and most of the other players wished they were on our team. (We even ended up winning a couple games by the end of the night.) It was also our last week (and the tournament) for city league volleyball. Which was also awful, but much better volleyball. It's fun to play with people that kind of know what they're doing.

One day I will have a sliding ladder like this. 
We had a guest speaker come this week to talk about electromyography and even did a demonstration on John Robert, which included shocking and stabbing him with needles. 10/10 would watch again.
My man went ham on those clouds and I could not keep up. 
The weekly activity was a Bob Ross paint night - which was underattended compared to last semester (but finals are looming, so it's expected). We half-speeded him and all the adults were making jokes about how he sounded high. Can't take those children anywhere.

The kids. 
Brandi and I had a full day planned on Saturday that began with a delicious brunch for Maddie's Bridal Shower. We ate all the quiche, yogurt/granola, and cinnamon rolls that were there and I snagged lots of pictures of Terri's good side.

Check out that technique tho. 
Our blacksmithing class was us and three old men. We loved it. We even got to check out the Pioneer Museum while we were waiting to start. We learned all about the different tools and some history and got to practice lots of different techniques and it was so fun. Even if the blacksmith's 10y o son kept making fun of me for being a perfectionist.

Our instructor and masterpieces.
(And Dawn thought we would only make a NAIL...)
The day ended with us rushing to Sam's bachelorette party. We did a pole dancing class (and were the best bachelorette group she'd ever seen because we were all athletes and didn't complain too loudly about pain). It was also way more fun than expected. Then we played some fun games, including True American, and had a surprise stripper show, and ate delicious food. And I was home by 9, so I was happy.

"I have so much more respect for strippers now"

No comments:

Post a Comment