Sunday, April 21, 2019

Taco Time

I know this is the birthday month of fun, but I spent a lot of this week catching up from too much of it. I had a few quizzes, a huge test, and some projects - which made it so I had to dress up almost every day this week. (Well...my version of dressing up.)

An old man came into our PT cohort as a patient presented grand rounds-style. He said that every time the Diamondbacks score 5 runs, Taco Bell does 3 free crunchy tacos with a drink purchase and that's what he uses as his social hour. So this week, we made a point to run into him and he made a point to tell us that after the season is over, they still meet up every Tuesday for tacos. Love it.

Our volleyball team did surprisingly well this week, but I still don't think we're going to make it super far in the tournament on Tuesday. Lindsey came swimming with me (also Brandi, 26min later...) and we got tacos after and they were delicious. We swapped ridiculous dating stories that validate every Disney movie drama.

Our boi Jim. 
I also participated in a voter study (that got me free dinner and $100), but I learned about a government committee in AZ that tries to help present unbiased views of both parties in preparation for elections.

Brandi and I watched two movies this week that I would highly recommend (and might even buy): The Upside, with Kevin Hart, and Overboard. Both were feel-good movies with lots of laughs and cute endings.

Saturday was my nothing day. I planned in nothing weeks in advance and stuck with it. I just need some time on occasion to do all the things that I never have time to do. I fixed my car and cleaned my room and did laundry and called some old friends and ate brownies (because 4/20) and generally got my life in order. It feels good. I need more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment