Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Drinks, Apps, Sserts (part II)

I'm only a little worried about going back to school after having had no summer. But I feel like I've been using my free time judiciously, so we'll see.

Brandi and I cleaned up some of the church grounds. And I mean deep cleaned. Brandi mostly stood guard, while I headed face-first into the bushes but we DID end up with the biggest bag of trash. Also poison ivy.

The boyz (TM)
We also fed the missionaries this week. Or, we would have, if they had shown up. Instead, we fed chicken-filled croissants and apple pie and only ten pounds of mashed potatoes to our friends - Caleb, TJ, and Lindsey. (Sorry, Elder Thomas.)

Water Wednesday was a good time that I spent gossiping with Terri, who is getting released and won't hang out with us all the time.

Also, I took a boxing class! I've looking for months now, and finally mentioned it to Jason, who took over the Rock Boxing for patients with Parkinson's. And he started a free month of boxing lessons, so half the program attends.

All of the boys, actually. 
After early morning basketball, Brandi, Ming and I headed to the deep corners of the valley for a game night with my old friends, Braeden and Kenny. Also a bunch of people from my old ward. We had a delightful time and plenty of snacks. Then we met up with the ward for the temple trip in the morning and partook of Heidi's delicious leftover enchiladas for dessert. Nobody was mad.

When we got back, I had a small study group that was only moderately effective and went to hang out with Roger. We shot prairie dogs (the vermin of the west) and watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Sunday was Bastille Day, aka French Independence Day. In celebration, family dinner consisted of tacos and eclairs. And then I had a coding lesson that made me feel better about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment