Sunday, July 21, 2019

I Don't Give A Sh#& About Apathy

I rode a horse for the first time. It was easier than people make it out to be, but that might just be because I'm very aggressive and generally athletic because Kat  couldn't get her horse to move and Alyssa fell off.

SO to Mike for making this happen en fin. 
We had another week of boxing classes and more and more of our classmates keep joining for free box July at the Physioshop. The dude in charge does a good job of rotating us through the stations so we get a good workout and some mitt time.

"Just happy to be here."
H2O Tuesday was fun in that Dave made us fresh burgers when we arrived and we saw a nice view of some controlled burns across the lake. We even met some new people and learned that I need to not be the one to make initial contact with them because it is weird and aggressive. Should've listened to Mallory when she told me that Day 1 in France.

PC: Lizzy Lewis. 
Our TherEx class is wrapping up and we had to get a bunch of competencies checked off by Tarang. We were supposed to be working on it all semester, but you know how THAT goes. So on the last day of class, it turned into a madhouse.

Just in case you couldn't see us in the other pics. 
Brandi and I had several people ask to study with us afterwards, so we ran a 10-person study group where we went over various cases. It worked surprisingly well, but I'd rather keep my study sessions small for my own sanity.

My teachers have high expectations for me. 
Jason said he kept thinking about making a documentation-themed cover of Old Town Road, so guess what I spent the rest of the day doing? It is NOT good, if you're wondering. LMK if you know any men that can sing, and I'll stick to the rap portion.

My ladies. #WouldYouLikeToBuyABowel?
Our annual Parkinson's Retreat was this weekend and I had the pleasure of working with some of the most delightful women (and organizers of the PD singing group: The Mountain Tremors). They were absolutely wonderful and not at all what I was expecting. In the afternoon, Val had me running the fall station, where we literally just practice falling down. It's a terrifying thing for anyone, but especially the geriatric folk with even less motor control than normal. And they performed remarkably well. (Also since constipation is one of the first s/s, there were so many poop jokes and I felt right at home.)

Who ya gonna call?
On Friday night, Brandi and I spent some time making Amish bread and watching Blown Away (a glassblowing competition Netflix original). And just relaxing. (Taking a page out of Moriah's book.) Which was much needed.

Honestly, we weren't sure WHO had the
degenerative brain disease at this conf. 
And Saturday, the Brewtons invited us (&co) to their house for dinner, which is always fabulous. And officially began me friendship with Abbie and John Robert, who are also delightful humans to whom I would never admit that. Good times with good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment